Honored Contributor

Don’t Mess with Old People

1EB8A039-05C1-4741-81F5-16B0F3DFF7CC.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Re: Don’t Mess with Old People

@wilma ....Cat LOL

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Trusted Contributor

@wilma I loooooove it!

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Respected Contributor

I just had a conversation with husband about condescending attitudes towards "seniors". I don't like to be talked down to.

Pharmacist: "do you have a SMART phone" 

Me: "yes, and I'm smart enought to use it"

Esteemed Contributor

@wilma  Woah, I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of those looks.

Honored Contributor

I feel seniors are often taken advantage of, people assume they're " not with it". I took care of my elderly mother, a lot of times at the doctor the staff would talk to me and sitting in the waiting room other patients would talk to me. This would hurt my feelings, my mother was with it enough to carry on conversations, I feel people were dismissive of her. I would tell the staff you can ask her yourself. My mom, I really miss her.

Trusted Contributor

I saw a joke on Facebook about not messing with seniors. An old lady tried to get a teller to withdraw $500 from her checking. The teller was snarky and said to use the ATM for amounts up to $2000. So the old lady said she'd like to withdraw all of her money and close the account. The teller looked up the info and was stunned by the amount in her checking. She very politely told the old woman the bank doesn't have enough cash on hand and could she come back tomorrow to close out? The old lady said "How much can you give me?" The teller said $200,000. The old lady said, "I'll take that" and the teller got her the cash. Then the old lady counted out $500 and asked the teller to redeposit the rest of it in her account.  🤣

KJPA
Trusted Contributor

Finally, something today made me happy !!  

Thank you all Woman HappyHeart

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~
Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 -

So true! We have said the same thing to the drs who don't address our mother.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My husband worked his entire adult life as an electrician in industrial and commercial construction.   He's a strong guy so nothing irritates him more than to go to the grocery store and be asked by a clerk, usually a young woman, if he needs help to get the two small grocery bags out to his car.   

He's very polite to them but it just bugs him that they think because he's an older guy that he needs help.   You take one look at him and it's obvious that he is more than capable of carrying two little bags.