Honored Contributor

Re: Don Imus Ranch in N. Mexico

@just bee wrote:

@emmysmom wrote:

Just bee...I LOVE your signature and I believe its TRUE! They are angels! xxx Heart

@emmysmom

Some are more angelic than others... Woman Wink

Our current angel is truly a gift. Heart

😂👍

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@Kachina624

How are you liking the weather?  Get any rain?  My sister in California is enduring 103 degree temps and a $561 bill from PG&E. 

Ah, the audacity of keeping the house temperature at 81 degrees. womanwink:

@just bee.  We got almost 2 hours of good rain Friday night and a little Thursday evening.  You?

I paid huge electric bills when I lived in Texas.  I wouldn't trade my swamp cooler for anything.  I had a new motor put in it in May, so now I freeze much of the time.

@Kachina624

Generous amount of rain in Paradise Hills -- and a great light show.  I work on the East Side and it was impressive.  Downside: It was raining on the inside of our buliding, too!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624

We've rented a casita in Santa Fe for 3 months starting Sept 1.   If we like it, we will look for a longer rental.  If not?   We have no Plan B.    We are ready to get there!!   Don's ranch is NOT in our price range.  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

@Kachina624

We've rented a casita in Santa Fe for 3 months starting Sept 1.   If we like it, we will look for a longer rental.  If not?   We have no Plan B.    We are ready to get there!!   Don's ranch is NOT in our price range.  Smiley Wink

@Bridgegal

Will you drive down to Albuquerque in October for the balloon fiesta?  Just 67 days to go...

Balloon Fiesta

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@just bee

Yes, we are.  We have a friend coming for that week so the 3 of us will go.  Any tips?   I'm thinking about the Chaser's Club tickets.   

Esteemed Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@emmysmom wrote:

Just bee...I LOVE your signature and I believe its TRUE! They are angels! xxx Heart

@emmysmom

Some are more angelic than others... Woman Wink

Our current angel is truly a gift. Heart

Mine too!!!!!! Woman Happy

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

@just bee

Yes, we are.  We have a friend coming for that week so the 3 of us will go.  Any tips?   I'm thinking about the Chaser's Club tickets.   

@Bridgegal

I haven't been down on the field in years because I can watch the balloons from my driveway on the Westside.  When we first moved here we had coworkers who were involved in ballooning so we were on a chase crew.  That's an experience.

I used to work near Balloon Fiesta Park and traffic is ugly.  Gotta get there early and dress in layers.  It can be really chilly in the morning and it warms up fast when the sun rises.  Park & Ride is always an option.

http://www.balloonfiesta.com/guest-guide/park-ride

Part of the fun is being on the field as the balloons inflate.  There are vendors that sell edibles, balloon pins, souvenirs.  But it's always a gamble.  Everything depends on the wind.  Plan on being available for more than one day in case the balloons don't launch.

You can do the Chasers' Club on one day and then be on the field for Special Shapes on Thursday or Friday.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bridgegal wrote:

@just bee

@Bridgegal.  Watch the weather, the balloons won't fly if the wind is more than about 12mph or of course if it rains.  Don't miss a balloon glow in the evening.  Do you have any special interests?  So many things to see and do in 

NM.  You should also be there for Indian Market which is Santa Fe's big yearly event.

No, you won't be here for Indian Market as it's in August.  I though you said you'd be here August 1st, but I see I was wrong.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@Kachina624

How are you liking the weather?  Get any rain?  My sister in California is enduring 103 degree temps and a $561 bill from PG&E. 

@just bee.  We got almost 2 hours of good rain Friday night and a little Thursday evening.  You?

I paid huge electric bills when I lived in Texas.  I wouldn't trade my swamp cooler for anything.  I had a new motor put in it in May, so now I freeze much of the time.

@Kachina624

Generous amount of rain in Paradise Hills -- and a great light show.  I work on the East Side and it was impressive.  Downside: It was raining on the inside of our buliding, too!

@just bee.   This is the season when you determine that you need a new roof.  I got one in June last year, and it was a year before we had enough rain so I could see if it worked.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@Kachina624

@Kachina624

@just bee.   This is the season when you determine that you need a new roof.  I got one in June last year, and it was a year before we had enough rain so I could see if it worked.

@Kachina624

We put a new roof on our house last year as well.  But where I work?  We need a whole new building!  Something's always leaking.