Honored Contributor

Doing some Pandemic overthinking.... ??

SO.... My big  bedroom dresser has been in the same place since 1992.. when we moved into our home.  It has not been moved...  up against the bedroom wall with a huge mirror.... it is very heavy.

I KNOW there is A LOT of dust and such behind it . Not something I see or have given thought to until now...( when I have more time to think about things I should not be giving thought to)....

I plan to put this HEAVY dresser on some furniture sliders and slide it out to clean behind the dresser...  probably a difficult feat.

Should I really bother with this? 25 years of dust bunnies has not seemed to upset the planet thus far.... am I doing some Pandemic Overthinking here?  No one knows the dust bunnies are there except me....Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

Re: Doing some Pandemic overthinking.... ??

I have never done something like that unless we were moving. I do dust under furniture, though.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden You may just find more than dust bunnies......perhaps lost pieces of jewelry, a key, money, buttons, treasures, a secret door.........???  Woman LOL

I love those slider things.  I say go for it, but for goodness sake, don't throw out your back or anything else.  I would hate that you had to call 911 while you were digging for treasure. Woman Wink

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs    I am missing a million dollars that I just can not find... hmmm.....

Esteemed Contributor

Get those sliders out, sister, and NOW!  Happy hunting!Woman LOL

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

This is the 3rd post I have read that is bordering on Paranoia.  

How would the virus get there?  And if my some slim chance it is how would you get infected by it since its not airborne?

However, you need to do what you think is best for you.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

This is the 3rd post I have read that is bordering on Paranoia.  

How would the virus get there?  And if my some slim chance it is how would you get infected by it since its not airborne?

However, you need to do what you think is best for you.

@Imaoldhippie    Not virus cleaning...   boredom cleaning!

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden    I did a number on my back, putting me out of commission for several weeks, when I put my shoulder to a heavy chest of drawers and tried to push it.  Don't do it!

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

The Covid-19 virus shouldn't be a concern but I would certainly wear a mask!  I would not want to breath in the old dust and all it could have accumulated!

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden ..........well in that case Let Sleeping Dogs Lie, er, or Sleeping Dust Bunnies.Cat LOL

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)