Honored Contributor

Re: Doing some Pandemic overthinking.... ??

@Foxxee wrote:

Have you ever used sliders?

Try putting them underneath your dresser.  They come with a lever to lift up the furniture at the corners to put a slider underneath.  Works like a charm for me, except for the heaviest dressers and chests when I have to empty the drawers first.  

You can keep the sliders there permanently, what I have done, as long as they are the same color as the wood or rug and not sticking out beyond the dresser looking kind of silly, no one will notice.  

See V36241 on QVC. "As Is"...V127521.

@Foxxee   Yes,I used sliders that I  bought like 20 years ago on QVC. Wish I had  a lever for lifting...have to see if I can buy one by itself.   it would have made it easier! 

Husband lifted the corners-up and I shoved the slider in.  It is SO HEAVY.  I  was able to get behind  the dresser and clean/vacuum  it up...SO MUCH DUST😳

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden We've been in our house since 1992 also!  yes a lot of things probably could be moved for a good dusting.  In the past when we had to move something those furniture gliders work great.

For me the daunting piece of furniture would be the china cabinet with all of the dishes & breakables.  However we did move it a few years ago to replace the carpeting with hardwood flooring & used those furniture gliders but I still emptied it out.

I know there are people who faithfully clean thoroughly each spring by moving furniture & washing walls...I've never been like that...oh well.

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden  that long, in one place? Wow!! I don´t let a year pass without switching things around. Once i switched the living room furniture around and then went shopping. Came back, everything except the sofa, love seat and coffee table were out of place so i thought maybe I didn´t switch things around. Switched back the sofa, love seat and coffee table again. Went upstairs, came back down stairs and they were switched again. In the meantime I´m thinking I´m losing my mind, then I heard laughter and voices saying  just imagine how we feel when we try to sit and we end up on the floor¨"  I´ve always said ¨look before you sit¨

I always make sure that the bedroom , living room and dining room furniture  can turn different ways before I would buy a house.

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden I worry for the health of the furniture.  In that length of time things dry out, etc. and could crack or fall apart.

Let it be, let it be.

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaidenI have this dryer vent brush

Respected Contributor

main product photo

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden  I use this brush for everything. Great for under the washer and dryer. And goes down the dryer vent.

I also use it for cleaning behind furniture like your dresser.

Honored Contributor

Yearly, I take the drawers out of the bedroom furniture, and using sliders, push the furniture out so I can clean behind them. I absolutely think it is time for you to move your big dresser and clean behind it.

Super Contributor

Sealmaiden, been there, done that.  However when I saw what was behind my dresser (dust bunnies, spider webs, etc) I was glad I moved that dresser and cleaned thoroughly.  We should do it every spring and fall cleaning.  Nothing to do with virus but a lot of dust in general in the room we are sleeping in is not good for our lungs. 

Honored Contributor

Just the fact of dust does not help with allergies,i say pull that dresser out,and clean under it.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.