Honored Contributor

Re: Doing some Pandemic overthinking.... ??

@SeaMaiden @my answer is no.What if you put your back out trying to move it?What you can't see can't hurt ya.

Esteemed Contributor

Perhaps not as much dust behind & under as you suspect.  I have the same situation - big heavy dressers in place for years. Blowing air moves dust around the room, - so when things are tight (up against the wall and down to the floor) .......not much is circulation there..  Take a flashlight and squeeze a peek around furniture.  Bet there is less than you expect.

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden Keep telling yourself, 'there are no dust bunnies.' Eventually you can trick your mind into belief.

Besides, after all this time, it's no longer 'dust.' It's turned into something like wool.

I'm sure the dust (not to mention dog hair) behind one of my large pieces of furniture could now be woven into something Woman Wink.  I won't tell, if you won't tell. 

Respected Contributor

Dust? Forget about it.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden 

Yes you are.

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Alright....going to put it off....😄

Esteemed Contributor

When I moved after 12 years there was not much dust behind my triple dresser.

Once you can get out and about, you could try picking up one of those long brushes used to clean your dryer lint trap. That might make you feel better.

Whatever you do< DO NOT move the dresser by yourself! If you have someone who can move it for you, ok, 

I am not going to tell the story of moving day and movers moving my tall armoire. Suffice to say someone ended up in the emergency room and came close to losing his big toe.

Honored Contributor

Have you ever used sliders?

Try putting them underneath your dresser.  They come with a lever to lift up the furniture at the corners to put a slider underneath.  Works like a charm for me, except for the heaviest dressers and chests when I have to empty the drawers first.  

You can keep the sliders there permanently, what I have done, as long as they are the same color as the wood or rug and not sticking out beyond the dresser looking kind of silly, no one will notice.  

See V36241 on QVC. "As Is"...V127521.

Honored Contributor

Are you missing anything important, like a piece of jewelry?  If not, I'd skip it.  There's always  your back to worry about, if you need something.

Respected Contributor

Well, if you're really that bored, then go for it if it'll make you happy. You might be surprised to find there's really nothing to get excited about. When I had to replace my refrigerator a few years ago, I was terrified of what I'd find when they pulled it out of it's spot. Pretty much a big, fat nothing. Took me a whopping 5 minutes to clean it up before they put the new one in. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~