Valued Contributor

Re: Dog rescued from highway median then adopted out

@happycat wrote:

ECBG, Me too.

We live in a rural area. About a month ago, I noticed this little calico cat. She wouldn't let me get too close. I started putting food out for her. After she let me pet her, she just ran in the house one day, started looking around. I think she had been an inside cat. Uses litter box. Not sure if she willl ever go back outside. Haha.

But, seriously, we have coyotes here. Whoever dropped her off should be ashamed. People are just heartless.

@happycat I so enjoyed the way you told your story.  I read it to my DH and he got such a kick out of it too.  We have a calico.  You are such a dear person for taking the cat in and giving her a home.

Honored Contributor

@Perkup

It's one thing to take in a stray but you risked your own safety.  And my heart is melting at the wonderful reward of doggy kisses you received.  There is nothing like the gratitude and love of a dog or cat (or any other animal who cares about you).  Brava to you.  I think this story makes us all want to give extra hugs and care to our own pets.  I know my dog is getting even more playtime this evening than usual.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

"Our" feral has been with us over 2 years, and has  never experienced the joy of an ear scratching or stroked head.

I love him dearly, and when he misses a night spent in "his" bed on our patio, or his "meatsies" dinner, my heart aches for him.

I have actually considered having him anesthetized and vetted, but I'm not at all sure he'd be a house cat even if we did so.

Our single try with a Hav-A--Hart was a disaster.

I too believe there may be a place reserved for those who unrepentantly cause the innocent to suffer.