Honored Contributor

Re: Does your name suit you?

My name is very very different, you would never find it on a key chain, or a name plate......It is so pretty, I love it!!!!But I must confess growing up-not so much because I always had to pronounce it and spell it, but once people heard it correctly, they were like oh it makes sense-it is spelled just like it sounds. 

It is unique, but oh so pretty and now I love it......But because I did have to go through my childhood constantly spelling my name, my two daughters have very simple, easy names....lol!

Respected Contributor

Like my name. It was my Grandmothers name. Like my nicknames to.

Honored Contributor

I'm not fond of my given name.  It was a popular name when I was born, but was actually named for a favorite niece of my grandmother whom was an artist.

If I could chose, I like Taylor.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

yes i have always had the same traits & more which came from my dad.  I am named the girl equivalent of his very Italian name.  I love it & all the traditions that go withit!

My brother named after his dad (grandfather) and my sister named after his mom (our grandmother).

no i never wanted to change it!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Cool Q.

Actually, i have two names. I have one nickname which only family members, dh, Clsoe relatives, cousins refer to me as. Then i have my legal name which is what everyone else calls me. I love them both. They are international, in every religion and noone can mispronounce them.

One of my names means wisdom and the other means princess, pure, happy. Although, growing up i was not a princess by any means, mostly prepared to be a warrior in my life but nontheless i think the names do suit me. Heart

~No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted~ Aesop
Valued Contributor

My first name is ok but my middle name not so much. Just glad I wasn't named after great grandmothers. One was Refugia and the other Maria de la Luz Jacoba Dolores Woman Embarassed

Valued Contributor

yes it does was my dads moms name  

Valued Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

yes i have always had the same traits & more which came from my dad.  I am named the girl equivalent of his very Italian name.  I love it & all the traditions that go withit!

My brother named after his dad (grandfather) and my sister named after his mom (our grandmother).

no i never wanted to change it!

So you all were named after your father's side of the family.  Sounds like their may have been some "control issues" at play. 

Trusted Contributor

My name also is a family name, so that makes it special to me. But nobody can ever pronounce it or spell it right, so that has always been a pain! But I don't think I would change it if I could. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My name does not suit me and I have always hated it. I go by a different name and the only place you will see my legal given name is on my birth certificate and SS card. Everywhere else is a shortened version. I wanted to change my name when I became old enough to do it legally, but I felt it would break my mother’s heart. Now that she is gone, I still feel it would show disrespect. I have a twin sister and our names rhyme. I want a name that is all my own, not one that rhymes with a sibling.