Honored Contributor

Re: Does your name suit you?

It suits me and it was a popular name given to girls in the 50's. I would have preferred something like Nina or Nora though.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm named after my maternal Grandmother who immigrated from Ireland at 20 years old. Such a brave young woman..Mary Josephine. I was always MaryJo as a child.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

I never liked my name and still don't.  It's a typical mid 40's name and there were lots of us with the same first name but different middle name.

I never understood why they didn't name me Joann.   Mother's name was Ann and my Dad's only sister was called Jo.   As the first born girl, Joann seemed obvious to me, but apparently not to them.

I don't know what I'd change it to.   Nothing comes to mind.

Valued Contributor

When I was young my named seemed “older” to me. Now that I’m older it seems kind of “young and fun,” if that makes any sense. (Like the name “Shelley” seems that way to me, too.)

Honored Contributor

Absolutely suts me.  And my mother's story about how my name was chosen is very dear to me.

I would NEVER change it.

Trusted Contributor

Yes - No

Do the math.
Trusted Contributor

My first name for sure fits my personality and appearance.  But my middle name which I never liked does not.   So many years ago I stopped using it other than on legal documents.    My first name is a wonderful name that I cherish!   Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

I have no idea if my name suits me....I just do not like my first and middle names!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My first, middle, maiden, married names all start with the same letter "S" ...  no one can pronounce entire name all at once without making a mistake.   So no, it doesn't suit me in that respect, should have 'married' any of the other 25 letters of the alphabet~! 

;-)

Respected Contributor

My name suits me.