Respected Contributor

Re: Does this happen to anyone else?

@CherryHugs wrote:

My beloved Mom has been gone about 10 years. Sometimes I just burst into tears when thinking about her, or if something reminds me of her. Even if I am out driving and the day is gorgeous and I think about how much she would love it, Fall was her fav season.  This happens randomly at times and I have wondered if this happens to others.Heart  Happens during Holidays too. 

@CherryHugs   I can honestly say that not a day goes by that I don't think of my mom and miss her so much.  I can cry at the drop of a hat when thinking of her.  I miss my dad, too, but I seem to be more emotional about my mom.  Probably because I was her caregiver till the end.  💔😢🙏

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Esteemed Contributor

@CherryHugs  You are not alone by any means. For me, it's when I hear their favorite hymns. I lost my Dad 35 years ago and my Mom 16 years ago. They were both really good singers, and when I hear Christmas hymns, I think back to when we used to sing around the piano at Christmas. "Away in a Manger" always makes me misty.

Contributor

My mother died 10 + years ago and my father a few years before that. Sometimes I still go to call them or even for a few seconds think I'll go visit. I dont think.you ever stop missing your parents. They are the only ones who loved you just for being you.
Esteemed Contributor

This is the time of year when my whole family got together for Thanksgiving. My mother reached 100 this year but now she is suffering and is on hospice. My husband is in a nursing home. My last beagle just died a few weeks ago. Our dogs were always part of family celebrations. Tomorrow my daughter and granddaughter will join me at a local restaurant. I miss my Dad, who has been gone for over 25 years. If I think beyond a moment, the tears start. 

Honored Contributor

My mom has been gone for little more than a year, Sometimes I will get teary thinking about her and all of the what ifs...you see she was a difficult person and I wish our relationship had been a bit different.

Trusted Contributor

mom has been gone for years. but something really unexpected happened once in an airport. mom had been deceased for just a few years then, and i got into small talk with this stranger. i don't even know why the subject of my mom came up, but all of a sudden i burst into tears. i apologized profusely. she was very nice about it. i didn't realize it still affected me that much then. 

Super Contributor

Not my Mom but my Dad has been gone over 10 years.  I miss him daily and come to tears often.  We were very close.  Holidays are still difficult for me and I have a happy family of children and grandkids, DH has passed.

Honored Contributor

Several years ago our Moms and a dear friend of Hubbs were still w/us. We always had them for TG dinner and enjoyed the fuss. I think they enjoyed it too. We do miss them. We also have a photo of Daddy carving the turkey and Mom peeking around the corner.

Many memories. Then I had that surgery and we could only have Mom for dinner and thus the tradtional TV dinners. I am tearing up. Sorry.

Valued Contributor

@CherryHugs  My father has been gone 22 years; my mother 18 years

When the overwhelming grief subsided, the good memories took over.  Except for a rare occasion when something triggers melancholy,  I'm content knowing they are at peace and I have two more guardian angels watching over me.

When I miss them the most is if something good or bad happens.  They were always my rock, and even after all this time, that's hard to let go of.

Honored Contributor

29C64BCF-E485-41AE-A4EF-CD2A3EA3A6AF.jpeg