Trusted Contributor

Re: Does anyone here understand Lori goldstein's creations?

This topic shows up every once in awhile.  I commented several years ago that most of her clothing looked like QVC products (ex. - t-shirts) that just had some lacy stuff added to the bottom.  I actually said it looked like a kitchen curtain had been added to the bottom.  Believe it or not Lori's designer responded to me with a very harsh comment asking what made me think it looked like a kitchen curtain.  Maybe I was wrong.  It looked more like a shower curtain - LOL.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DAD wrote:

A few years back I got some of her faux suede pants. I loved them. Her tops are so long they look like a short drss onme & I'm 5'8". My legs are gone! No way!!! Then the prices!

As said, different strokes...

I totally LOVE her long tops and I'm 5'3" !

I never wear petites either.

Tunic length elongates me and makes it appear I have a longer torso, which I do not!

I have a very short torso and very long legs....so they look great on me.

I shop LTS and get GREAT prices all the time on her items.  Rarely do I ever pay full price.

Esteemed Contributor

Lori designs clothing for the way she dresses- BOHO.  Not for me but based on the fact she's here at least twice a week others do like her offerings.

Honored Contributor

Someone here likes her.  She bought a 9 million dollar apartment in Manhattan.  Isn't QVC her only selling platform?

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Someone here likes her.  She bought a 9 million dollar apartment in Manhattan.  Isn't QVC her only selling platform?

@depglass  She has done many things with many people and looks like she made a lot of money through the years. I checked out her history and was surprised.

Honored Contributor

Obviously a lot of people like her stuff or they wouldn't bring her back ad nauseum.  Not my style.  I like some layering, but not so much the frilly layers and the color combos are terrible for me.  Not all prints work together.  Some people are very good at pairing prints and some are not.  I am not, and I really don't think she is either, but that is just my aesthetic.  

Someone mentioned they weren't for busty women because the bust wasn't big enough and the arms are too skinny.  I have almost no bust, but I also have a problem with skinny arms in a lot of clothing, so her stuff is not for me even if I did like it.  Kinda like DG stuff isn't for me.  She designs for her own figure type, large tummy, narrow shoulders, no rear,  and skinny legs.  I'm the opposite, so not all women who have gone through menopause have those issues.  The one top of hers that I tried emphasized that and also felt cheap.

Honored Contributor

I only have probably 3 or 4 LG items in my closet, all of them tops, and everyone of them have been in my closet for years.  I don't find what I purchased to be low quality at all.  The fabric feels beautiful and looks beautiful.  I've had no pilling, stretching out of shape, falling apart, etc.

I cannot even tell you how many times the items I own have been washed because they are items I wear on a fairly regular basis. 

Most of her items aren't for me but I love the few pieces I own.    

Respected Contributor

I love her clothes.  They fit me and are flattering to my petite, pear shape. They are the most comfortable clothes I've ever worn.  I pick and choose what works for me, and pass on what doesn't. The ones I own are of excellent quality. 

I agree her style is Boho. Oh, and I hate Classic, but I would never say it looks horrible on someone.  It is what works for them!

Esteemed Contributor

@Caseymaepa  ... I can only  say that I don't like any of her "creations".   I'm not bashing anyone who does.  Just stating my opinion.  

Valued Contributor

@ECBG  You nailed it about Goldstein! I think people are buying into the "quirky", as is their full right, but maybe not paying attention to the poor quality fabric. Her original jersey tunics that she apparently sold tons of were of a really poor quality. And it looks like her fabrics have gone downhill from there.