New Contributor

Re: Does anyone here understand Lori goldstein's creations?

Lori does seem to design for her own figure.  I am a full busted woman and could not fit into any of her designs. She makes a tight bust and then flowing from there. Some of her items are ok if they are jackets, but even then the arms are much too tight for a large busted woman.  

Respected Contributor

Another thread bashing designers that OTHER people really like and wear a lot.  Not sure why there is such a need to vent and criticize all the time on this website, as QVC appeals to millions of diverse people.

Lori has an incredible skill of using color pathways, and her fabrics flow nicely and fit extremely well, AND are so very comfortable.

Not each item can be a homerun for every person, but if she were not so popular and did not sell so well, she would not last on QVC.

For those that do not wear her styles, your loss, but no need to criticize her or her fashion design sense.  

Yes, sometimes her clothes are a bit pricey, but I also shop at Neiman Marcus, Saks and Nordstrom, and the prices there are a lot higher.

Honored Contributor

They are clothes and I've understood clothing since I was three years old, maybe two years old.  I understand her aesthetic and her designs are not for everyone but some people seem to be frightened of them or intimidated by them.  I like looking at her designs but the styles are not for me.  

Honored Contributor

There are a lot,of fashion trend I don't understand, so I get you.  I'm not a fan of her stuff but it's a good choice for some women. 

Esteemed Contributor

I am not really a big fan of her clothing, there have been a few things I have seen that I liked, however. I tend to think most of her items would add to my size 12/14 figure and I just don't need that. 

Someone must be loving her things though, or she wouldn't be on so much.

Honored Contributor

I don't understand most of her things....I have 1 of her shirts and two tanks. and 1 pair of pants.

The  shirt looked awful on me - it had those long points on each side....and the other thing I own is a pair of crop jeans, which I like.  In my opinion some of her things are a hot mess.

Esteemed Contributor

Too frilly. Strange add ons and strange fabric shapes.   No way I would wear anything like that at any age.  Have no clue how she sells her styles and is still on the Q.  I am not being mean it is just her idea of fashion I have never seen on anyone.... anywhere... and we travel and meet all kinds of people.  

I am a square dancer and sometime we have theme dances and I imagine they would make good costumes.  But at that price point... no way I would invest for just an evening of dance.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Caseymaepa 

Welcome!

Her designs, fabric choice, and execution don’t appeal to me.  

Not frightened or intimidated by them, just not my taste.  I feel It’s OK to say that here, no matter How large her following - more for those who like her style, something for everyone.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper 

Please wear whatever you want to wear. 

I simply answered a question on quality.  There are many other alternative designers that look much better, hang much better and look more substantial. 

Really.  Ali Miles, I C Collections,  and others at Dillards. 

Trusted Contributor

@Caseymaepa I think I understand and get where Lori is coming from in her designs and colors. She and I are roughly the same age. So we both grew up in the hippie era of the 60's and 70's. IMO, she designs to that style sensibility. Betsey Johnson and Norma Kamali are in that same wheelhouse and time period. I love  them also.

I love what she does with color and tie dye. Her color mixes are just flat out explosions and I like that and gravitate to it. However, having said that, I just can't get past the uneven hem lines. Sometimes, the hemlines are straight and I will purchase a top or two.

She has so much knowledge about design and is such a bubbly little pixie marching to her own drumbeat. I admire that.  She had a solid track record in fashion way before she got to the Q.

All designers at QVC have their merit. Nice that we have free choice to buy what we really like.

Welcome to the boards. I'm new too. Smiley Happy