Super Contributor

Re: Does anyone here understand Lori goldstein's creations?

I prefer more tailored styling for myself.  The layered look isn't flattering on me.  I like some of the Laurie Felt items...the jeans fit me well and her tops are not clingy.

Honored Contributor

Whats to understand?  One either likes them or you dont.  One either buys them or you dont.  Simple as that.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

I have some LG items.  I like the layered look (as long as it's not too much or too heavy)...I won't wear 3 shirts to get the look.  The tops I have have a little lace on the bottom, that's it.  I haven't purchased anything from LG in years.  Prices got too high.

Honored Contributor

Some of her stuff has the same problem as SG’s...starts out just fine... then she starts adding stuff like ruffles, layers, mesh, tie dye, etc....ruins it for me.
Trusted Contributor

The only thing I know is,that she must be a millionaire,selling her junk!

Valued Contributor

Never got a cent from me.  I have better taste.

Frequent Contributor

Don't mind her clothes. I have several pieces. However, the way she pairs clothing is sometimes absurd. What is with all the layering! Ok a longer tank under a shorter top works, but in the hot summer. Yesterday the host was wearing a pair of oddly patterened leggings with a very loud printed top. CLOWN TIME to me. Host and Lori were both overjoyed.Had to try another ridiculous pairing.

And just my opinion but- The ruffled peplums that start at the waist and sit ON the hips should be worn by little girls(child) only.

Esteemed Contributor

After watching her on Shark Tank, I think she has a strong individual style ( which isn't my style).

Honored Contributor

I understand her design concept. Less is more need not apply to her clothing. She thinks lots of embellishments flatter the wearer. Instead of the rule to look at yourself quickly and remove excess accessories...her clothing rule is add as much as you please.

Remember the film "Working Girl" where Melanie Griifth's  friend says the beautiful, expensive dress she is going to wear to meet Harrison Ford "needs something?" Melanie answers her that it is (paraphrased) simple and elegant. Laurie would agree with Melanie's friend. The more the better...Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

Nope, don't understand her creations.  Much like throwing it up on the wall and if it sticks she puts it together.  No thought really. They aren't flattering to a women's body either. That is why I don't bother watching her shows, nor spending my money on her clothes.