Honored Contributor

Does anyone have info on the Joy Mangano My Little Steamer recall?

I remember reading something a couple months back and didn't pay attention because I don't have one.  Correction:  I didn't think I had one, cleaning out a closet unearthed a brand new one.  So my question is to donate or throw out.  The invoice in the box says 2009.  It was 39.00 something,  it wasn't the cheapest model.  So was this an ongoing problem or something that turned up in later manufactured units?

Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone have info on the Joy Mangano My Little Steamer recall?

Honored Contributor

I received an e-mail a few weeks ago about the recall. I erased it because I had returned mine within 30 days of receiving it.

Funny thing is, I remember posting on the boards that I didn't understand the hype with this steamer.  I felt it was a piece of junk.  Mine sputtered and spit water everywhere and didn't remove any wrinkles. I remember saying this thing was an accident/burn waiting to happen.

And here we are.

Honored Contributor

If you purchased a Joy/JM-branded My Little Steamer from January 1, 2002 through December 31, 2020, you may be entitled to a payment or voucher from the combined voluntary recall and class action settlement.

The text of the Recall Notice and Class Notice are provided below.

If you wish to learn more about these actions, please visit the website, www.SteamerRecallSettlement.com

Please have your Unique ID# provided at the top of this email available if you wish to file a claim through the website, www.SteamerRecallSettlement.com. This Unique ID# will serve as your proof of purchase.

Recall NOTICE:

IMPORTANT SAFETY NOTICE

Joy/JM-Branded My Little Steamer® and My Little Steamer® Go Mini

May 2021

Dear Valued Customer:

Our records indicate that you may have purchased a Joy/JM-branded My Little Steamer or My Little Steamer Go Mini hand-held clothing steamer between January 2002 and December 2020 (“the Steamers”). In cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, HSN Inc. is voluntarily recalling the Steamers, which can expel, spray, or leak hot water during use, posing a risk of burn injuries. HSN has received more than 200 reports of hot water spraying or leaking from the steamers, including more than 100 reports of burn injuries.

All models and colors of the Steamers are being recalled. The Steamers have “My Little Steamer” or “My Little Steamer Go Mini” printed on the side of the unit, and have either a flat or triangular steamer head.

What you should do: Please stop using the steamer immediately and follow the steps described below to participate in the recall and receive a refund or voucher.

How to participate in the recall:

Visit www.SteamerRecallSettlement.com to register on-line and for additional information about the recall and your eligibility for a refund or voucher.

If you have questions that are not addressed on the website, please call toll-free at 855-654-0942 9:00 a.m.–9:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday.

If you provided the Steamer to someone else, please forward this notice to that person so they can participate in the recall.

HSN is committed to product safety and customer service. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your cooperation.

Sincerely,

Sharon Bailey

VP Customer Experience

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had purchased one a couple of years ago but I'm not sure what version it was. I didn't get an email, so maybe mine wasn't part of the recall.

I've only used it twice and I didn't think it was that great. I just use Downy Wrinkle Release on my clothes and put them in the dryer to get wrinkles out. It works great and no risk of burns. 

Trusted Contributor

I had both the regular steamer and the baby steamer. I received an email stating I needed to complete the lawsuit form and send in photos of the items (showing that I had cut the cord so they could not be used). Funny thing is I had just thrown them in the garbage but got them out so I could photo them and send in info for part of the lawsuit. We shall see if I get anything from it.

Honored Contributor

love these steamers and have ordered quite a few of them over the years for my family and for gifts. would not be without them......they are used so much more than that ugly four letter word IRON.  i have not had any issues with them so i ignored the emails and the snail mail that i received regarding this recall.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I, too, got an email regarding the recall. I've never really had an issue with it so I'll continue to use it. I think it works okay for my uses.

Super Contributor

Don't remember receiving any email but I have ordered several of these and I just love them...I use it for anything that I would normally iron...I just hope mine dont die on me...I may not be able to find another one...Maybe its the way people handle them while using them that make them sputter.....anyway, love mine !

Valued Contributor

I threw mine away because it leaked and was more trouble than it was worth