Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does anyone else not have a TV? All my friends think I am crazy!!

@JasoninBoston  I have to ask you....if you don't have a TV, how did you ever end up on a television shopping channel forum? 

Just curious.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Trusted Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@JasoninBoston  I have to ask you....if you don't have a TV, how did you ever end up on a television shopping channel forum? 

Just curious.

I watch the Q online!  Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

I have a friend that has not had TV in 20 years. She is remarried and her husband doesnt mind at all and is happy too without one. I need my TV lol!!!

If we all had the same opinion or everyone was the same. the world would be a very boring place!
Respected Contributor

Love PBS, BookTV, some things on History Channel, TCM, CNN, a few other networks for occasional shows or documentaries here and there, a couple of the music channels on our satellite TV. Our cats love DogTV! I hate reality shows and daytime talk shows. I Rarely watch anything on daytime unless there is news, which has me turning to CNN. Many evenings, though, if nothing's on TV, I am out here on the porch, as I am now, looking at the lake, reading, doing puzzles, watching a history vid on my iPad, etc. I would not want to be without the TV, but it isn't the center of my world. 

Respected Contributor

I love tv, but I had a neighbor who didn't have one - No computer, either.  She just enjoyed reading and listening to the radio. 

Regular Contributor

I can't blame the reactions of your friends. I'm sorry but it is very strange not to have a tv in 2016 yet alone one's whole adult life! It must be hard to have a conversation about shows and local and national happenings. Not having a tv in 2016 is like not having internet access or some kind of cell phone it makes a person seem obsolete or behind in the current time.  

Honored Contributor

I love TV and movies and could get used to not having TV, but prefer not to. I like my computer, but it's not the same as just turning on that big screen.

Honored Contributor

People think we're crazy because we only have one tv. I used to post on a forum that had a section for no tv watchers but they would watch movies and shows on their computer. I don't really see how that is no tv though. You're still watching. We've had Tivo for many years so I don't watch live tv except for rare instances like important news or weather. Otherwise everything is recorded and I skip commercials. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval