Respected Contributor

Re: Does Your DH Have A Goodies Stash???

No he did not but I did Smiley Happy    My Dad had one and her name started with a W!! For yearss!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Does Your DH Hav@e A Goodies Stash???

@threecees    YUMMY my family used to bring tastycakes back every visit to PA!! Love them  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

DH likes to have a drink in the evening.  I don't drink unless I'm at a function or somewhere.

Esteemed Contributor

Desk drawer at work. I know, because his cohorts tell on him, saying he has the best snacks and he's so good to share...... He likes mixing those awful candy corn things and roasted peanuts. Fireball Jolly ranchers, too. And strings of cherry / strawberry licorice. 

Also, the rare times I drive his truck I'll find wrappers jammed in the door handle. The man loves individually-wrapped rice krispie treats. Costco helps support his habit.

Whereas I love chocolate -- he loves sugar treats.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG  Nothing really secret at our house, but his weakness is Reddiwip!

reddiwip.png

I have to keep it in stock at all times. If fresh or frozen fruit is available, he puts it on that; if not, he just eats it out of a cup!

Honored Contributor

My DH doesn't, but I do.  My DH actually calls it My private stash.

When I buy goodies, my DH devours them in no time flat.  He never even thinks about saving anything for anyone else.

So, I hide some of them where he won't find them. Once in a while he will find them and and comment about my stash or even eat everything. Sometimes, I will bring out something from the stash to share with my DH or company.

My stash usually consists of nuts, chocolate, dried fruit, and gluten free pretzels.

When my MIL was living, she would make wonderful european bakery items and give them to DH to bring home for the family. One time she asked me how everyone liked her apple and cheese strudels.  I always called and thanked her when she sent goodies to the house and didn't this time.

I was puzzled.  What strudels?  My DH admitted that he hid the strudel and ate it all himself.  He has a big sweet tooth for baked goods.  After that she would call and ask me to pick up the goodies so the kids would get some too.

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@ECBG  Nothing really secret at our house, but his weakness is Reddiwip!

reddiwip.png

I have to keep it in stock at all times. If fresh or frozen fruit is available, he puts it on that; if not, he just eats it out of a cup!

My DH used to serve the grand kids Reddiwip in a bowl with assorted sprinkles.  I never saw anyone else do that before.

Honored Contributor

We call it THE SNACK SHACK.  Hallway closet...filled with bags of popcorn, chips, nuts, all his favorite things. Refilled often😄

Honored Contributor

My husband isn't a into sweets.  He does have a stash of chips, pretzels and cheese puffs that he keeps on the top shelf of the linen closet.  He knows that that's the last thing in the world I need to eat and if I get tempted  (which I do sometimes)  I cannot reach anything on the shelf.

Respected Contributor

@threecees wrote:

@threecees wrote:

download.jpeg-1.jpg

I grew up in PA and I think I used to eat my weight in KandyKakes.     Now that I live on the West Coast you can't find them here.   I once ordered them from Amazon but you have to buy so many and they just didn't seem to taste the same as they did from my childhood.