Honored Contributor

Does Your DH Have A Goodies Stash???

[ Edited ]

Right after din, when I come into the pantry to play on the computer (he does the dishes when I've worked), MOST of the time, there's M & M's, junior candy bars, or oreos (double stuffed of course) in the top side drawer.  

Too hard to turn down!!!!!

WHAT does your DH have???????????

See the source image

Honored Contributor

Re: Does Your DH Have A Goodies Stash???

No, but my late husband used to say, "Don't buy junk food".

Then at night he'll say, "Can you bring me some milk and cookies while you're up"?

He traveled quite a bit.  He'd call when he got off of the plane and say, "Can you put the glass in the freezer"?

Then when he got closer (heading down our street), he'd call and say, "I'm almost home.  Can you pour the milk and set out the cookies?"

The man loved peanut butter and banana sandwiches and a glass of milk (cold glass).

He'd get in about 1 or 2:00AM and I'd be waiting up for him with his milk and cookies or his nanna sandwich.

He exercised like a crazy person so he could eat his cookies.

Esteemed Contributor

OMG yes! 

chocolate and salty!  end table by his LaZBoy has his stash. 

Respected Contributor

Yes he did, and her name started with an "A". 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

Yes he did, and her name started with an "A". 

@CAcableGirl2 Sorry!  Guess you got his "cookies"!!!!!

Respected Contributor

@ECBG  LOL, it's all good!  We're both happier now, so it really worked out the best for both of us.  Absolutely no hard feelings for either of us.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Respected Contributor

Ohhhhh yeaahhh he does in his tv room...peanut m&m’s in a glass candy jar...large size container from Sams Club...reeses mini peanut butter cups in another candy jar, Dove candy miniatures also from Sams...good thing we hang out at the gym 3 times a week and run. At 64, I can’t imagine what his waistline would be shoveling all that chocolate in.

Honored Contributor

Oddly enough, my husband eats a lot "healthier" than I do!  

Honored Contributor

@bmorechick wrote:

Ohhhhh yeaahhh he does in his tv room...peanut m&m’s in a glass candy jar...large size container from Sams Club...reeses mini peanut butter cups in another candy jar, Dove candy miniatures also from Sams...good thing we hang out at the gym 3 times a week and run. At 64, I can’t imagine what his waistline would be shoveling all that chocolate in.

@bmorechick GREAT of you to keep up with this!

I "won" two Lindt candy bars at work today, and the young mgr got milk chocolate with pretezels!  I don't want nuts in my fudge, nuts in my brownies, or pretzels in my milk chocolate!!!!!

The other win in my life was a case of  origonal cokes the week I started my "Spring Starve" for white slacks!!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@bmorechick wrote:

@bmorechick GREAT of you to keep up with this!

I "won" two Lindt candy bars at work today, and the young mgr got milk chocolate with pretezels!  I don't want nuts in my fudge, nuts in my brownies, or pretzels in my milk chocolate!!!!!

The other win in my life was a case of  origonal cokes the week I started my "Spring Starve" for white slacks!!!!!!!

Yeah I used to be able to shovel it in like that all my life and not gain an ounce. Once I hit about 58, I noticed the numbers on the scale going up. That was it. After gaining about 5 pounds, I shut it down. I have been active all my life playing sports, as did my hubs so the gym and running is a lifestyle for us. I will admit I sneak ice cream in on occasion but I gotta watch it. 5 lbs, can become 10 lbs, then 15...can’t have it cause I have never been overweight and at this age, it’s not happening now.