QVC Customer Care

Re: Does Anyone know when Shawn is coming back?

Trusted Contributor

@LDenise

Because some people have no class.

I look forward to Shawn's return.  I don't get to watch her much because of the time she works.  But when I do get lucky enough to catch her, I enjoy watching her Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I am also a Shawn fan and will be glad to see her back on the set. She and Joe have a beautiful baby girl to share their love with. I hope she has some cute stories to share with us viewers who like her. 

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

I am surprised she is returning.  I would think she would want to spend every moment with her new daughter.  They grow up so fast.  

why surprised? many women take their maternity leave and then get back to work after the time they are allowed. no reason to give up her career just because she now has a baby.

@sunshine45 @Hayfield  True.  But if one can afford to stay home and raise their child instead of handing it over to another...missing a lot of "firsts" and special moments...how many daycare workers heard "mama" first?...why would they choose to work?

Especially in cases of adoption.  

I don't get it.  It's almost like something on a bucket list.  Get a kid...check.

Disclaimer:  My comments apply generally and not to any specific person named in this thread. 

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@esmerelda wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

I am surprised she is returning.  I would think she would want to spend every moment with her new daughter.  They grow up so fast.  

why surprised? many women take their maternity leave and then get back to work after the time they are allowed. no reason to give up her career just because she now has a baby.

@sunshine45 @Hayfield  True.  But if one can afford to stay home and raise their child instead of handing it over to another...missing a lot of "firsts" and special moments...how many daycare workers heard "mama" first?...why would they choose to work?

Especially in cases of adoption.  

I don't get it.  It's almost like something on a bucket list.  Get a kid...check.

Disclaimer:  My comments apply generally and not to any specific person named in this thread. 

Some people enjoy working.

I could see Shawn leaving, it won't mean she will be a host when she decides to come back after raising her daughter. Things change. She is probably making the most income in her career.  Like she can't start where she left off.

Esteemed Contributor

Woman Embarassed  Why would you embarress yourself like that?

@Hondagirl wrote:

Don't care... Not my turn to watch her....

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1 wrote:

This isn't the Leave it to Beaver Days.  Maybe she doesn't want to sit home and watch shopping channels all day long  Women do work and have babies, news flash!!!!

Honored Contributor

So happy to hear she is now a mother; I know it was the desire of her heart. I think she will be a great mom!

Esteemed Contributor

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

This isn't the Leave it to Beaver Days.  Maybe she doesn't want to sit home and watch shopping channels all day long  Women do work and have babies, news flash!!!!

@Blingqueen023 Wow. 

First, there may be a lot to be said for the "Leave it to Beaver Days."  More in-tact families, families and communities taking care of each other instead of letting the Government do it, among other things.  

Second, I bet there are lots of SAHM's who are too busy caring for their kids and their homes to "sit home and watch shopping channels all day long."  In fact I doubt there are any here who did that. 

And finally..."news flash!!!"...that's the "wow."  Musta hit a nerve.

Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Blingqueen023 Wow. 

First, there may be a lot to be said for the "Leave it to Beaver Days."  More in-tact families, families and communities taking care of each other instead of letting the Government do it, among other things.  

Second, I bet there are lots of SAHM's who are too busy caring for their kids and their homes to "sit home and watch shopping channels all day long."  In fact I doubt there are any here who did that. 

And finally..."news flash!!!"...that's the "wow."  Musta hit a nerve.

@esmerelda Again, "news flash!!!"  Another one that reads, but doesn't comprehend what they're reading.  Have a great weekend.