Respected Contributor

Does Anyone Here Get Woman's World Magazine?

In one of the issues last month it was a small article on top of hte page that said annual physicals aren't neccessary. Every 2 years is now recommended. I can't find my magazine and have forgotten who had written that article. If anyone still has that magazine(sorry I don't remember who was on the cover.) could you post  who  or what company had said that? Just curious. Thanks

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Here Get Woman's World Magazine?

My  Insurance company wants me to have a physical every year. They give us extra money in our HSA account if we do.

Respected Contributor

I wouldn't rely on a magazine for medical advice.  My insurance co. waives the co-pay for an annual physical.  Most doctors won't do anything for you over the phone (like calling in a prescription) if they haven't seen you in the past year.

I guess it depends on your age and medical history, but getting checked out once a year seems reasonable to me.

Respected Contributor

I get an annual exam - who's recommending this?  I think the insurance companies would want this to catch any serious health issues before they get worse.  Plus, it makes me feel a lot better just knowing everything is fine. 

Honored Contributor

You already posted this same topic in Wellness.   No need to be redundant, IMO.

Respected Contributor

From everything I've seen in TV lately, it appears that the push is on to stretch out physicals and tests more than yearly. Just another casualty of our healthcare system now IMHO. 

Regular Contributor

@cuddlesmama

Did you try looking online?

Trusted Contributor

cuddlesmama, well, it looks as if you are not getting an answer to your question.  Wish that I could help, but I can't find that article.  Did find a few other interesting ones, though!!  It's interesting that you asked about that topic as I'm wondering if I need an annual physical, which I have been getting since I was in my 20s.  I have until the fall to figure that out!!  I do know that I've read a number of articles about annual phsicals and annual tests and whether they are needed or not.  Probably depends on a lot of things including your health and family background.