Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Have Geico or Progressive Car Insurance

I have had Geico for about 12 years. I noticed that the cost of my insurance has gone up witn my age.  It has been very gradual where you don't notice. 

Honored Contributor

I have been on Progressive over five years.  They're excellent. 

Respected Contributor

Geico fan here for over 5 years!  I also have my home insurance with them as well; A+++ service for me.

Respected Contributor

I had Progressive for a couple of years and had no problems with them. I also didn't file any claims, so I can't speak to that process. They had a deal with Enterprise that offered a pretty decent deal on rental cars when traveling. 

Due to the change in Michigan's insurance laws, I've gone back to Safeco. I couldn't drop full PIP because my medical insurance isn't a qualified plan (to drop the full PIP) and Safeco gave me a substantial discount if I paid for a full year. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Regular Contributor

I totally agree.  I have had Geico for sometime now.  I had a person plow into me and Geico covered the whole thing in a very timely manner.  I also switched and have my home insurance with them.  .......for a way better price 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cuddlesmama try AAA for your auto insurance.  I have  it and got a pretty good  discount this year because I agreed to have electronic mail versus paper mail.  If you hve your homeowners insurance and auto insurance with same company you can save as well.  Any tme I have called AAA all customer service reps have been cordial and most helpful.  Another tip...if you or anyone if your family was or is in the U.S. service such as army, navy etc., try calling USAA Insurance which is run by the armed services and insures armed services personnel and their families only. USAA has an excellent reputation in the insurance field and carries all kinds of insurance.  Good luck

ed services and includes only armed services personnel and their families as eligible for insurance. USAA is 

Respected Contributor

@Nuttmeg wrote:

I have had Geico for about 12 years. I noticed that the cost of my insurance has gone up witn my age.  It has been very gradual where you don't notice. 

I've been with Geico for close to 30 years.  I've had a few calls the last few years for roadside assistance (dead battery) and the service was excellent.  I've had no tickets.  Last year I paid $144 @ month quarterly for two vehicles.  This year in June I got my new bill and it's $208 for the same.  That's after the 15% discount.    To me, that's not gradual.  I'm guessing it went up due to my age and I drive what's considered to be a sports car.  In December when my policy is due again I plan to shop around for a better price.  

Respected Contributor

I have Progressive, and I love it.

Honored Contributor

@Xivambala 

I almost had a stroke when I moved to Florida from Northern Virginia 42 years ago! LOL insurance here is no fault which is why it's high. I paid more for straight liability insurance then I paid for full coverage back in Virginia!

We've had progressive now for a couple of years since buying a new car. It seems to keep going up for no particular reason but when I checked other policies the only other one that came close was Geico. We pay 700+ every six months for two cars, full coverage.

Valued Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Xivambala 

I almost had a stroke when I moved to Florida from Northern Virginia 42 years ago! LOL insurance here is no fault which is why it's high. I paid more for straight liability insurance then I paid for full coverage back in Virginia!

We've had progressive now for a couple of years since buying a new car. It seems to keep going up for no particular reason but when I checked other policies the only other one that came close was Geico. We pay 700+ every six months for two cars, full coverage.

LOL @Andreatoo I don't know how Progressive does their ratings. They were charging me $830 for one car for 6 months. I have always kept my coverage levels the same through moving.