Respected Contributor

Does Anyone Have Geico or Progressive Car Insurance

I am looking for new car insurance. They went up $200.00 from last year (Arbella) I did the online Geico and Progressive Insurance companies just to see how much it would be and they were $300.00  less. I just don't know anyone who has these insurances and how they are working out for them.Any comments would be helpful.

Valued Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Have Geico or Progressive Car Insurance

I switched last year from Nationwide to Progressive and have been VERY satisfied! My car insurance rate was at least $ 300.00 less per year. Also I needed towing service 2 times and they were right on the ball helping me out. 

Regular Contributor

Have had Geico for 15+ years. No problems, no big increases in yearly preminums. They give the 15% (?) discount for Covid19, not driving.

Honored Contributor

We have had Geico for as long as we have had a car at least 25 years

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Super Contributor

I also have Geico, have for about 10 years. No problems at all.  My car was hit in the parking lot at my apartment building and the other drivers insurance (also Geico) paid for all the repairs to my vehicle without issue.  I was pleased with their service.  I also got the 15% discount due to Covid-19.  

~~Keep calm and hug your pets~~
Valued Contributor

When I moved to Florida in 2018, I needed to find a new auto insurance carrier because the one used in Illinois did not operate in Florida. I used an insurance agent as I had used in Illinois because I had not moved yet. The agent found Progressive, stating it was the least expensive for me. The amount for the Progressive was almost 3 times higher for a 6 month policy than my Illinois policy. The excuse given was insurance in Florida is just more expensive. I paid it, but have switched to State Farm after checking around on my own. SF is still higher than my insurance from Illinois, but about half of what Progressive was. I found out that this agent in Florida only deals with insurance companies that list with them. Not a benefit for the consumer. I think your $$ will depend on where you live, your age, type of vehicle, driving history, etc.

Respected Contributor

I was hit by someone with Geico.  What a mess.  Thank goodness I had called the police and the other party was given a ticket.  I would NEVER use Geico.  I did have Progressive and no problems.  After a few years they started raising rates like all the rest.  Best of luck

Super Contributor

I've used Progressive for 6 years. They are great. Geico wanted to charge me 3 times as much! Plus, the agent at Geico was so rude!! I used to check around all the time to see who was cheapest, but since I've had Progressive they've stayed about the same price the whole time!

Respected Contributor

we have had progressive for a long time.  like it fine. haven't had to file a claim yet though

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I've had Progressive for 8 yrs. No claims and no issues. They were consistently the lowest BUT...

MI changed statutory requirements in July. I was told I would need a new policy as an update was not possible. What a headache. Then I was offered other products to "bundle". Sales pitch. No thanks.

I will be shopping around shortly!