Trusted Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Else Do This? (Hint: It's about Eating)

@Annabellethecat66,

I admit that eating is not my favorite activity, since I was a baby I found it boring and rather played or talk, and now work, shop, write, read or watch movies.

I do exactly the same as you do now is a smoothie with Greek yoghurt, avocado, banana, strawberries and chocolate milk. Mix it in my Nutribullet every single night and so far so good 🌻

Honored Contributor

@CHIP62 I've always been like you said.  I find eating very boring.  I always feel like, 'just get it over with'.

My dear friend and my husband loved the whole process of eating.  I used to say to my husband (who worked out every day and was the perfect size) "You don't groan like that over me (joking)".  He'd (still joking) say, "You aren't (whatever the food was)".  (You get the idea).

Anyway, my friend is an amazing cook.  The way to get her attention is to talk about food at a particular place.  When we go out to eat it's like, 'So many choices'.  I'm like, 'I just want to eat and move on'.  Ha!  My friend is a little heavy but not obese.  She just loves good food.

Maybe that's why I could eat the same thing over and over.  I enjoy watching someone who REALLY enjoys the food eat.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66,

Again we have similar life experiences. It is interesting that we do not mind other people eating and sometimes even eating a lot.

I guess that this is because we respect them, their tastes, and passion for food.

Believe me you will never see me watching the food channel.

My father was a physician and never forced me to eat anything that I did not feel like eating. I am European and very thin, everyone in my family is.

My internal medicine doctor in the US was a little worried until he ordered some blood tests and they were perfect🌻

Respected Contributor

Yup.  For a while, it was sweet potato chips, until they made me feel a little sick (!).  Then, it was frozen grapes.  Don't have a current jag.

Honored Contributor

@CHIP62 I think if more people got together and were honest with each other, we/us/they (and everyone) would find we are somewhat ..... basically....OMG!  SIMILAR.

What I mean is I'm convinced in our 'inner core' we are all similar.  

Look, I have two cats, a boy and a girl.  Supposedly brother and sister, born at the same time but they look as different as night and day...(I don't believe it but...whatever).

Anyway, the boy is particular on what he eats and well...he is a little pudgy.  The girl eats everything and anything.  If she had her way she'd eat 24/7.

I had both of them totally checked out (cost me a fortune) and my boy (Bill) had to have his thyroid zapped; but the girl (Katie) is in perfect health (no thyroid problems).

She's afraid of everything.  He's amazing and isn't afraid of anything!

But I'm getting off point.  Back to my original statement (cats aside).  Most people are very similar.  I think if we could celebrate our similarities instead of talking about our differences, we'd be happier and the world would be better.

Phew!  Now my head hurts....I'll go sit down.

Regular Contributor

A kindred spirit...I've been eating Honey Nut Cheerios most mornings for thirty some years.  The only time I couldn't eat them was when I was on chemo...then I couldn't stand them....thank goodness that didn't last too long.

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@Azcowgirl Hey!  That's a good idea.  You know when my girls were young, I'd cook dinner at least 3 times a week.  I'm not a great cook but I'm OK.  I mostly cooked simple food.  Nothing fancy or involved.

But when it came to vegetables, we'd have at least as many as 3 vegetables with every meal.  My girls to this day love green beans, spinach, corn (and a few other veggies).

It's funny, they thought I was a great cook until I got out into the world and now my youngest eats weird things.  She's a great cook.  She's writing a cookbook on what to do when camping and some of the rules (about bears, etc).

My middle daughter doesn't cook.  Her husband (soon to be EX) did all of the cooking.  I have no idea on what they eat these days (she has 3 young girls).  Ha!

When we had spaghetti we always had green beans, spinach, salad, I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.

Oh!  I almost forgot (good grief, how do you guys stand my posts.....I ramble so much)....Oh!  OK, I remember, I always used Spatini Spaghetti Sauce and they quit selling it in stores.  I finally found it on line and ordered a ton of it for myself and my girls.  Ha!

Thank goodness for the internet...(did I just say that?)...

@Annabellethecat66:  Is that the mix or jar of sauce?

Honored Contributor

@Hoovermom As far as I know it's never come in a jar, only in powdered packets.  

I use it only for some of the spices they put in it.  I put some of my own stuff in it too.  

I used to be able to buy it in the small packages, but the company stopped selling it that way and now only sells to resturants (so, sometimes you are 'unknowingly' eating it at a restaurant and don't know it).  

The packages are huge (well they are for restaurants).  However, my friend (who taught me the recipe) and I order it from a company.  The large packages last a very long time as it only takes a small amount when making sauce.

It used to come in a small box of three packages at one time.  That's the only way I've ever bought it.  I think you are thinking about something different.

There are some substitutes people (companies) have TRIED to put out there but us Spatinni users know the difference.  We are almost (for want of a better word) cult-like in preferring the real deal!  Ha!

Take care.