Respected Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Else Do This? (Hint: It's about Eating)

Being single, I do this a LOT!! If I make a big pot of soup/stew, I will eat it every meal til it's gone. Cooking for 1 is the pits! I mostly snack for meals.  I also addicted to Almond Joys. I but the mini bars in large pkg, but will eat several at once. 

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66,

You have pretty much described my life!   I pretty much eat the same foods, and snacks, all the time, due to my food allergies.   I could probably widen my food path a little more, but have established a range I’m completely comfortable with.    

Honored Contributor

I am very boring food wise and pretty much eat the same thing every day.  My weakness is sweets, and I vary on what I keep in the house.  I do buy the same sweets for a long time and then get tired of them and switch.  Right now I have Godiva chocolates in the house.

My friend is in a rehab center after a bad car wreck, and I bought a box of Godiva chocolates to take to her.  I bought a smaller box for myself, and they were so good!  I went to Walgreens yesterday to get something for my father and saw that they have bags of wrapped Godiva chocolates now.  I bought two bags.  Yum!  I don't eat a lot at a time though.  I will have the bags for a while.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

No, I never do what is being discussed here. 

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

@NickNack Lol, You sound like me!! I fixed a "goodie basket" for friend in re-hab. It sat here a few days before I went to see him, SO I had to re-stock before making the trip to see him.

** I live alone, so I can't blame it on anyone,lol. 

Honored Contributor

due to medical problems there is little dh and I can eat. We have to keep to a strict diet of the same stuff over and over. It gets boring after awhile I wish I could eat whatever, but over the years my body and dh’s body has built up intolerance for many foods. You learn to live with what little you can eat.

Honored Contributor

@Mumof2 I can't imagine anyone not liking spaghetti.  But sometimes I think I'm the only person in the world who hates macaroni and cheese.

OK, here's my theory on cheese.  Every time I order my beloved Whopper Jr I always have to say, "NO CHEESE" so sometimes they STILL put the cheese on it.  

Then other times in other places I get asked "Want cheese"  I'm like, "No Cheese"!

I'll eat a grilled cheese sandwich but that's it.  OK, here's my theory.

The problem with this country is that everyone is constipated from eating so much cheese....they all need to 'lighten up' on the cheese.

What do ya' think?  Does it make sense?

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66,

If you wish, check my post in the thread about: Are your wife's food tastes and/or choices the same, or similar to yours?  It pretty much would be what I would post in your thread here.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  lately I have been eating grapefuit.  I can't have a lot of sugar,  and it is low on the glycemic index

I am not a pasta lover ,and rarely eat it. I hate mac and cheese ,and never eat it

I only eat spaghetti in a have to situation, and then  I choke it down

I eat mainly protein and vegetables

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@Mumof2 I can't imagine anyone not liking spaghetti.  But sometimes I think I'm the only person in the world who hates macaroni and cheese.

OK, here's my theory on cheese.  Every time I order my beloved Whopper Jr I always have to say, "NO CHEESE" so sometimes they STILL put the cheese on it.  

Then other times in other places I get asked "Want cheese"  I'm like, "No Cheese"!

I'll eat a grilled cheese sandwich but that's it.  OK, here's my theory.

The problem with this country is that everyone is constipated from eating so much cheese....they all need to 'lighten up' on the cheese.

What do ya' think?  Does it make sense?

I love cheese in general, and like cheese on most things (that usually have it, lol), but there are things I don’t want cheese on, that are just a personal quirk/preference. I don’t like cheeseburgers (very rarely will get Swiss) and I don’t want cheese near my eggs (so not in omelets).

I don’t hate raisins per se but in general prefer my baked goods - cookies, muffins - raisinless and nutless.

I’m not much of a pasta fan in most forms. For some strange reason, it fills me up totally after like five bites. I can eat normal-sized servings of potatoes, rice, breads - all other starches but pasta. 

So, I almost never choose a meal of pasta, including spaghetti, unless I feel like eating it for three meals. 

Like BBQ sauce and the sauces used in various Mexican foods, they make or break whether I’ll like it or not. If I don’t like so-and-so’s spaghetti it’s probably because I don’t like the sauce they use or make. Pizza for me has to be thin crust ala CPK or Planet Hollywood. I can’t do doughy, Chicago-style pizza.

I totally binge on baked beans, cold or hot. And me & Homer Simpson with the DO-nuts.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all