Trusted Contributor

Re: Does A Song Ever Get Stuck In Your Head?

All. The. Time.  If I hear a song that really gets me going on the morning ride to work it is usually stuck in my head for a while.  Today it is I Swear by Ledisi.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ROMARY

Oh I love "Take the Long Way Home"  .  I haven't heard it or thought about it in ages.   Love Supertramp.

Maybe I can get it to replace "Sound of Silence' which has been in my head for two weeks now.   

Valued Contributor

Dolly Parton’s Here You Come Again thanks to Applebee’s current commercial.  Fortunately, I love both Dolly and the song.

Trusted Contributor

Yes,  for no reason a song or jingle gets stuck in my head and starts to drive me bonkers !!!!!

Frequent Contributor

Of course, it's called an "ear worm."

Honored Contributor

Yes. Not long ago I heard Joni Mitchell's song Help Me and it wouldn't stop going through my mind. However, thankfully it doesn't happen to me too often anymore.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh, another one:  'The Windmills of Your Mind'.  (Thomas Crown Affair movie. )

Each time I hear widespread bantering about 'this and that' now-a-days,  I think of that song.  Read the lyrics.

Beautiful song/music.  Mesmerizing.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor

The one that stands out in my mind from many years back........"I'd like to teach the world to sing, in perfect harmony; I'd like to buy the world a Coke......."

Fun thread!

Honored Contributor

Oh, wait............'Unbreak My Heart is always  a tear-jerker (for me).

'Don't play it' while clothes browsing in stores..............

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Contributor

Yes! One of those tv ads for those Peloton excercise machines has a chant of some sort that had me up all night a couple of nights ago! Ugh! Could NOT get it out of my head. Of course that’s what companies want, but this one will assure that I NEVER buy their product...lol!