Honored Contributor

Re: Do your pets sleep with you?

Shadow sleeps in his own bed on the other side of the bedside table.  All we need to do is reach out to touch him.

Respected Contributor

I have two cats.  One of them likes to sleep with me.  Sometimes on the blanket around my feet and other times actually in the bed with me and his head on my arm.

Valued Contributor

We have 2 miniature dachshunds and they always sleep with us. One weighs 8 pounds and the other weighs 11 and it is amazing how much room they take up in the bed! We love having them there!

Respected Contributor

Yes, my pets sleep on my bed. They have their own and nap in them but they like to snuggle so that's fine with me. They make really good foot warmers. One of my favorite memories is of one of my dogs who passed away a few months ago. Sometimes I'd be reading or something and didn't notice he wasn't in the room. He would get sleepy around 9:30 p.m., too early for me, and go to bed. I'd find him sound asleep on my side of the queen sized bed but that was okay, too.

Respected Contributor

When my mom was dying, I believe my cat sensed I was stressed and snuggled up with me every night.  She rarely did it before or after but I always hope she will again.  Every night she accompanies me upstairs either on her own or in my arms.  I always whisper to her "I know you want to get in the big bed with me and if you do we could be snuggle bunnies!"  Still she rarely takes me up on my offer and when she does she often sleeps on my head.

Respected Contributor

Ihave four girl cats that share our bedroom--three Himmys and one shaded-silver Persian.

They take turns on the bed as we have many little cat beds scattered around, and it just depends on their moods.  One or two of the girls always wake me in the morning with kisses or touches.

The boy cats are not allowed to sleep with us as they are too rambunctious.

The dogs stay in the living room.

Honored Contributor

Buddy sleeps in his own bed in our bedroom.  It is the "dog den". D7C51834-A6B3-46B3-BCEA-4CBDF238882D.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

One by one, all 4 cats end up on the bed with us during the night. They all have their special spots, but around 5:00 a.m. one decides he can't wait one more minute for his breakfast and sits on hubby's back while giving us his pitiful "I'm starving" meow. Wouldn't be so bad if he didn't weight 14 pounds. Good thing we're early risers....!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

No, she doesn't. As much as I would love Khloe to sleep with me, she prefers to sleep under the bed on her mat. She will stay on the bed with me while I watch TV but as soon as the TV goes off, she goes under the bed. 

Valued Contributor

My hubby is truly a wonderful man - he cooks, he cleans, he does laundry - he's wonderful.  BUT - no dogs in the bed.  

If I were alone, I would have my dog sleep with me.

You can't have it all lol.