Honored Contributor

Re: Do your pets sleep with you?

My cats are on and off the bed all night.  They sprawl out nice and comfortable, while I try to wedge myself in around them! 😴

My 100lb dog has a bed of her own--on the floor.

Esteemed Contributor

I've woken up in some strange positions trying to contort around my fur babies. Wouldn't have it any other way.

Respected Contributor

My late 16 yr old American Cocker slept with me until she became incontinent.  I bought her an orthopedic bed and placed it right next to mine.  Before either of us fell asleep, I would rub her head and wish her goodnight.  She knew it was lights out and didn't make a peep.

Love that gal of mine.  RIP, sweet Sophie Annabelle.  Heart 

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GoneButNotForgotten  Oh, absolutely! Our dog is so funny...When we're ready to go to bed, we ask him if he's ready to go "seepy" (YES, I talk to my dog sometimes like that) and he jumps up out of his bed, so excited, hops around, grabs one of his stuffed toys and goes to the door to be let out first, then runs up the stairs as fast as he can and jumps on the bed. (I keep a soft faux lambs wool little throw at the foot of the bed for him.) He starts out at the foot of the bed (in the middle) but during the night he moves up to be near us. 🥰

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

No, as we have never had the type of indoor pets that would sleep with people, due to extreme allergies and COPD.. Right now we have a chinchilla and guinea pigs. I have never had cats or dogs living inside my house.
Respected Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten  Love your comment about your little Missy....I see you two are very close and she indeed is very trusting.

I have a Norwegian Forest Cat, Maxwell Fergus and it is amazing how we all have our routines, and so does Max.  When I pull back the sheets, he jumps up on the foot of the bed and waits for me to get in the bed and settled, then he snuggles on which ever side he chooses, with head on pillow....I too get groomed, then he grooms himself before nodding off....he is a big boy and take up lots of space and I love every bit of this beautiful boy!

Esteemed Contributor

My husband does not want our beagle in bed with us. I do. We have an argument every night about it. Maddie just wants to be in bed with us. When my husband gives in and lets Maddie into our bed, she falls asleep immediately and only awakens for a quick visit to the Ladies' Room outside.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes indeed.  My two kitty girls have a big fluffy blanket that I set up on one side of my queen bed.  I even make "sections" so each has her own little cup like spot to curl up in.  In spite of this, every night when I turn in my one girl always has to hop up and snuggle right next to my pillow as I read.  The other is more stealthy, she ambles in, jumps up and immediately looks for a leg to snuggle next to.  The funny part is, I wake up in the middle of the night to turn over and I'm in a leg hold, she's always right between them, and she's heavy!  It does comfort me though.  They are my loyal and devoted companions and I love that they love me.

Here they are taking their afternoon nap.

IMG_20200507_125423503 (2).jpg

~~Keep calm and hug your pets~~
Honored Contributor

I don't have any pets ..... but .... I really like dogs and dogs apparently like me.

When I used to visit my parents - their dog (a pug named Micky) "insisted" on sleeping with me every time I visited.  Around 10:00 pm every night - he'd start barking at me and nudging me to go to bed.  It was so funny (and annoying) to watch.

One trip - my parents were "baby sitting" my brother's sheep dog (Max) while brother and wife were on vacation - so two dogs in the house.  One the size of a small pony. 

Somewhere along that first afternoon - Miicky and Max decided that they were both going to sleep with me.  I spent two weeks sleeping (wedged) between two dogs - one in each side.

Respected Contributor

@pommom wrote:

My late 16 yr old American Cocker slept with me until she became incontinent.  I bought her an orthopedic bed and placed it right next to mine.  Before either of us fell asleep, I would rub her head and wish her goodnight.  She knew it was lights out and didn't make a peep.

Love that gal of mine.  RIP, sweet Sophie Annabelle.  Heart 

beautiful *and* sad...