Respected Contributor

Re: Do you wear a regular watch anymore (one that only tells time)

I do! They're much easier than pulling out my phone to see the time. I can glance at it without anyone knowing I'm checking the time, lol. I don't need the bells & whistles on electronic watches, I just want to know the time.

Honored Contributor

I've always worn a watch.  I use my iPhone all the time but don't want to pull it out to see the time when I'm out.

A couple of months ago I bought an Apple Watch and love it!  I've had some health issues lately and liked the fact that it would do a one line ECG and also notify you if your pulse was too high or low.

I also really liked the fact that it would notify your emergency contact and call 911 if it detected you'd had a hard fall.  I've never fallen, but that's always a possibility.  I'm very happy with my new watch.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I used to have and wear a different watch every day when I worked.  But since I'm home all day, no need.  I gave all away except for a few favorites.  I will occasionally wear one when I go out.  I don't have a need for a fitbit or the like and think that they are not very attractive.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

I wear a regular watch.  I have many and enjoy wearing them as an accessory.  I have never purchased a smart watch, but I am intigued by them.  My exercise routine is well established, so I don't need one for that, but I might like getting text messages, etc. on my wrist.  I'm not sure I'd like to wear the same watch everyday.

Honored Contributor

I haven't worn a watch since I retired. I have some very nice watches and am going to donate them.  I'll hang on to my Apple watch just in case I want to re-activate it sometime.

Respected Contributor

Still wear a watch when I go out. Have a cell phone but rarely use it. I like a watch with a big face so I wear a man's watch.

Honored Contributor

I have about 20 watches I have not worn in over 20 years....most need new batteries ...one is self winding.  I could not I agine wearing a watch now EVER. 

Honored Contributor

Garmin or Apple depending....

Esteemed Contributor

I wear a traditional watch  as they are akin to jewelry. I have several watches .

Regular Contributor

I haven't worn a regular watch in probably a decade.  I wear a Samsung watch, I like that it does steps, notifications & I can even answer my phone with my watch though I must say I feel like an idiot talking to my watch so I only use it in a pinch.  It's like having a little wearable computer! Smiley Happy