Respected Contributor

Re: Do you wear a regular watch anymore (one that only tells time)

I have about 10 watches and worn one every day when I worked.  Now I just wear a regular watch occasionally.  I don't like using my cell phone to check the time.  I now wear my Apple Watch almost every day since I  like to check my heart rate, temperature and Oxygen saturation.  I have several bands for the Apple Watch including two with "bling".  I can also receive texts and answer my phone on my watch which is nice when I'm not near my phone (which is often).  Otherwise I wear one of my two Raymond Weil watches when I go out.  I like knowing the time even if I am not working that day because I don't have a good sense of time and need to be able to check.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

I do wear a regular watch.  I have a few that I wear depending on what I am wearing.  It is so much easier to look at a watch than digging for your phone to see the time.  

Respected Contributor

I wear my iwatch every day, try to close the exercise rings.  I use the timer feature often to remind myself of things and when cooking.  It notifies me when I have a phone call or text.  And it even tells me what time it is.  The watch was a gift, and when I received it, I just considered it "fluff."  Now it's part of my day because I use it so much.

Honored Contributor

I haven't worn a watch since 2005.  

I took it off one summer before going on vacation because we had a wedding to go to shortly after we got home and I didn't want to have the tan lines from it.  I never put it back on.

Honored Contributor

@chiclet,  I've always enjoyed watches, both vintage and contemporary.   Wear one every day.

A friend who conditioned and rehabbed vintage watches, Art Deco and retro men's watches, kept me supplied for quite a while!

Now I like fairly reliable quartz watches of all types, but have pared down my collection.

My favorite is a sleek, bracelet-style watch made of titanium.  I have a colorful Joan Rivers or two, a couple of oversized Steel by Design watches, a Sprout cork-and-resin watch, an unusual Mickey Mouse watch...

The ones I wear the most are a two-toned steel and "gold" tonneau-shaped Liz Claiborne, and an oversized steel and gold plated Lucien Piccard.  Both are bracelet style that I wear loose on my wrist.  Now that I have arthritis in my hands and wrists, I hope I'll still be able to sport nice, heavy watches as long as possible...

I love the fashion and history aspect of traditional, "real" watches!   Hubby does too, and our interest has rubbed off on our 21 year old son, who has to control himself from getting too many watches... as a mechanic, he has to be careful not to wear his favorites to get wrecked at work...

Valued Contributor

I have a collection of very cool watches. However, I always wear my stupid Fitbit so I can track my stupid steps to burn off some stupid calories so I don't gain stupid weight. I hate the stupid thing butt it holds me stupidly accountable.  😂🤪😂

I love my family, my fur boys, my Jayhawks and accounting!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I do, but funny thing is, my stove has a clock, my microwave has one, one in both bedrooms, one on each phone, one on weather box, one on each t.v., one on kitchen wall, our computers have one on both.  Why am I wearing a watch?  LOL  oh car too.

Respected Contributor

@speedy girl wrote:

I always wear a watch when I go some where but not really when I'm just staying home. I feel funny when I'm out and don't have it on! I've thought about the new apple watches but it almost seems to complicated for me! 

The Apple watch does seem complicated at first because I'm not tech savvy.  But I watched several you tube videos until I got the hang of it.  I like it.