Honored Contributor

Re: Do you wear a regular watch anymore (one that only tells time)

Yes .... I wear a watch when I go out. 

I only take my phone with me if I'm going to some sort of gathering where I might need access to my calendar, or I'm waiting for some notification.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Today starts my 9th year of retirement, and I have worn a watch 1x since I quit work.  

It was the watch I received for my years of service at the hospital; worn once and put away.   

I loved wearing a watch as a child, but never had interest as an adult.  Don't think I ever owned more than one watch at a time.  

Honored Contributor

I haven't worn a watch in ages.   When I worked I wore one, but it was the first thing that came off when I got home.  At some point I just counted on my car clock and then, in '94 had a cell phone, and then the clocks wherever I worked.

I don't even know why I never liked wearing a watch.  I just didn't.  (I'm kinda complicated Smiley Very Happy)

Esteemed Contributor

I wear a Fitbit.

Trusted Contributor

I don't wear a watch, haven't for years.

Honored Contributor

I have a sizable collection of high quality watches and wear one every day.  They are much more attractive than the digital watches and don't have to be charged daily.  I have no need to know how many steps I take, nor do I care. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I have collected antique wind up watches for years.  All are real gold.  I have yellow, white and rose gold watches.

Since I retired, I no longer wear a watch.  It really doesn't matter what time it is.  My dogs remind me when it is time to get up, eat and go to bed.  They are spot on accurate.

I set a timer on my iPad if I have an appointment...otherwise, time means nothing to me anymore.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, I still wear my watches every day even if I'm at home. I think I have about 50 watches so I change them up to go with my outfits. I don't take out my phone to look at the time.

Respected Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

I've always worn a watch.  I use my iPhone all the time but don't want to pull it out to see the time when I'm out.

A couple of months ago I bought an Apple Watch and love it!  I've had some health issues lately and liked the fact that it would do a one line ECG and also notify you if your pulse was too high or low.

I also really liked the fact that it would notify your emergency contact and call 911 if it detected you'd had a hard fall.  I've never fallen, but that's always a possibility.  I'm very happy with my new watch.

@NickNack Exactly why I bought one yesterday.  My cardiologist recommended one to warn of AFib.

Honored Contributor

I wear a watch everyday.  I think out of habit because I don't need it to tell time.  Its jewelry.  I have a wardrobe of that I have collected over the past 40 years so I wear them.