Honored Contributor

Re: Do you think women go thru a midlife period like men do???

@ahoymate wrote:

Mid life crisis is real and occurs in both _exes. Google for details.

@ahoymate,

Google, really? Think I will stick with my life experiences in lieu of a website.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SandySparkles wrote:

I knew that men did, but I was not aware the behavioral changes experienced by women during our early golden years, is considered by some to be a crisis. This post has caused me to reflect about how my shopping habits have changed. I am much more concerned about my skin and overall health than I was when I was younger, and just thought these are things we experience while transitioning into the next phase of our lives. I think I will research this a bit. Thanks for the post.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles 

"You knew that MEN did"?   =^..^=  Ok then!

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

hckynut:Image result for emoji that shows ha ha

Esteemed Contributor

I think something happens sometimes to some women. Maybe they break from putting up with their husbands for all those years...just kidding, kinda.

In reality, I have known some ladies that in their 40's, they totally revamped their lives, got divorces, changed jobs, just changed about everything.

These ladies seem to be doing ok, but their family members are left reeling at all the changes.

Esteemed Contributor

@crawford5153 wrote:

Just interested in what other ladies have to say about women having a midife crisis?  Like excessive spending on material things or trying to look youthful once again?  Just a thought so fill in your opinions.  May be interesting to hear lol.

I do try to look more youthful with botox/fillers and some other things I have done to my face, but I don't consider it a midlife crisis. I just like the way it makes me look.

Now, when one of my adult children moved 5 hours away a few months ago, I was in crisis mode and still am to an extent, because we are close. I didn't try to change her mind, though.