Trusted Contributor

Do you think women go thru a midlife period like men do???

Just interested in what other ladies have to say about women having a midife crisis?  Like excessive spending on material things or trying to look youthful once again?  Just a thought so fill in your opinions.  May be interesting to hear lol.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you think women go thru a midlife period like men do???

I don't think most men or women have midlife crises. I think that's more a storyline in movies than reality for most people.

Respected Contributor

Mid life crisis is real and occurs in both _exes. Google for details.

Esteemed Contributor

Or like having a fling or two? Okay, or like many? 

Nothing I have any personal knowledge, of course. 😉

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

i think women go through several crises during their lifetime.....not just midlife.

not sure about material things, but i am guessing that the money spent by women on invasive and non invasive procedures has drastically risen over the past twenty years.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I did/still am

Esteemed Contributor

I knew that men did, but I was not aware the behavioral changes experienced by women during our early golden years, is considered by some to be a crisis. This post has caused me to reflect about how my shopping habits have changed. I am much more concerned about my skin and overall health than I was when I was younger, and just thought these are things we experience while transitioning into the next phase of our lives. I think I will research this a bit. Thanks for the post.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

I don't think my DH or I have gone through a midlife crises.  Maybe we're not old enough.  How old do you have to be to be middle age?  I would guess age 50.

If so, we missed it.  Is it too late to try to play catch up?

Esteemed Contributor

@crawford5153  My DH didn't as far as I know. Except 15 years ago he started writing a history book and published it about 5 years ago. Maybe that was it. Our neighbor bought a super duper Mustang about 10 years ago. When I asked him what the color was called he said "mid-life crisis green." Hahaha! My mid-life crisis came when I realized I needed new towels, bed linens and cookware. I think we should have mid-life showers for new household items.

Honored Contributor

I think "mid life crisis" depends on things like, messages you recieved when growing up, things I want to do before I get too old (the convertable), or I made a mistake and have have little time to correct it.  I have seen people go through one of these steps and it almost seems to have a "giddy" effect.