Respected Contributor

Do you take your dogs to a groomer?

Mine went today and I just love how nice they look, and smell, when I bring them home!  Smiley LOL

I have a sheltie and a short haired pug/JR mix.  Son's malamute stays here for now, too.  While I could give the short haired dog a bath on my own, I know I couldn't do a great job on the mal and the sheltie.  

Hm...wonder if I should get the cat clipped to be cooler during these hot summer months?  (I don't think she'd allow it and she's got all her claws so.....probably won't give it a try.) haha

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you take your dogs to a groomer?

Yes,i take mine to a groomer also.They also look so nice and they love to show off afterwards.lol!

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Valued Contributor

yes
Valued Contributor

Yes! I only bring my pup 2-4 times a year to get a shave/cut simply because I give him weekly baths on my own.  Thankfully my bf's friend is a groomer & is very tentative to my dogs special needs LOL Cat LOL (he can't be left in any kind of crate, drying crate, etc because of his abusive previous owner).

Respected Contributor

Yes, my Sunny needs a haircut every few months.
Esteemed Contributor

Years ago when one of our collies was very old, we got a mobile groomer.  We have had her for almost 20 years and now she is like part of the family and all of our dogs since have been spoiled by monthly grooming.

Honored Contributor

I take my collies to the groomer a couple times a year. It's just too much of a chore for me to remove all that undercoat these days. The last collie I got was a smooth (short haired) collie. I can give her a good brushing in one minute. What a joy that is!
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Yes.  She gets washed, ears cleaned, nails clipped and teeth brushed.  Don't get her shaved 'cause she's an English Lab (2 layers of hair) and th groomer said, while you can, you shouldn't.  I also give her sponge baths and clean her ears and feet in between spa visis.

Super Contributor

I have a 5 lb. chihuahua that I bring into the shower with me.  Takes less than 5 minutes to get him clean. Afterwards, he runs all over the house like he is soooo glad to be clean!  I do get his nails clipped at the groomers-I'm afraid to do it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
There is no choice but to have my havanese boy groomed regularly. To keep him halfway decent, he gets a puppy cut. I now have a mobile groomer, driving a tricked-out hippie-looking van, come to the house. The dog's back on the couch within 90 minutes compared to 4 hours at a traditional grooming parlor.