Respected Contributor

Re: Do you still use a Landline Phone?

We have one but never use it. It's part of our Comcast bundle so we willcontinue to keep it. The robocalls are ridiulous though.

Honored Contributor

I had a landline which I much prefer to the VOIP phone I currently have but the price for a landline got to be over $100/month and that is too, too much.  Sorry to see my landline go.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

It comes with my cable package. It would cost me about 

$25 per month to eliminate it.

I actually like it though. Nomorobo & my answering machine screens my calls.I only pickup when I recognize the caller.

Honored Contributor

@RinaRinaI have both -  I get at least 5X as many robo's on my cell as I do on the landline.  I am considering eliminating the landline, but not to avoid the scammers.

Esteemed Contributor

I live on a big hill in the woods. Getting cell service is a crapshoot. I will not give up my landline unless our cell service improves.

Honored Contributor

We will never get rid of our landline!  It is just so inconvenient to keep cell phones on and charged all the time.  Our cells are for emergencies only when driving.  With our internet from Verizon, we get free long distance calls.  I hate when someone is calling on their cell phone and it gets garbeled and the call is dropped.  It happens a lot.  Although that is a good excuse to get off the phone when you really don't want to talk to who called - just say you're breaking up.  

Respected Contributor

We still use our landline as our main phone #. I just can't stand having to carry my cell phone around and keep it charged up - I only use it to carry when I go out - for emergencies. We just have cheap LG trac phones. No way am I paying $$$ for an iphone.

Respected Contributor

I do & I have a simple flip phone too...like both & have no plans to change. 

Honored Contributor

We do.  Our internet and land line are connected....we get both  with Century Link.  Also, I do not like talking on cell phones when home. Prefer a REAL corded phone to talk.  I do not answer the phone unless I know on the caller ID who it is....I do get robo calls but just do not pick up the phone. 

Will keep my land line as long as it is still offered.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm one of those who still has the landline as well as mobile phone.  The landline is part of Comcast bundle but the majority calls are telemarketers.   When I see the number flash on TV screen I know right away they won't be leaving a message.   The only call that does is the Reverse 911 from the city I live in to give updated info on stuff.

I know many people just use their mobile phones as their main number but right now I'm not ready to do that.  Unfortunately I'm also receiving those horredous robo calls on mobile phone now.  I just block them but it's a pain in the behind.

I always say when someone calls if they truly want to speak to me then they'll leave a voice message otherwise I block the number and delete it.   Adding my numbers to the Do No Call List years ago has done nothing.

I meant to say I have a cordless phone in my kitchen and living room.  The landline in  my bedroom is corded.  I think that's like my security blanket in a weird way.  LOL