Respected Contributor

Re: Do you still use a Landline Phone?

[ Edited ]

@Travone wrote:

I got rid of mine years ago.  I love not having the monthly bill, but there are times I miss it.  Sometimes the cell phone is just not as clear as a landline.

This is exactly why we keep our landline!  The bill runs us between $25. -$30 a month.

Respected Contributor

I just ditched my landline phone and Internet with the phone company after 20 years...I opted for Internet and voice from the cable company and the service is soo much better. I had to switch the type of phone I used and now have a service that blocks the robo calls.

I never used my landline phone...just had it in case of emergency and loved the feature of forwarding all of my calls to my cell...I had to either upgrade with the phone company or pay for each forwarded call after a certain number of calls. Now I have unlimited long distance for about $25 a month.

Trusted Contributor

Yup, still have a landline. And, for so many reasons, I don’t intend to drop it. 

My Comcast bundle is cheaper.  We don’t always have a reliable cell phone signal in our immediate area. I think call quality is better on a landline. A landline receiver is easier for me to hold because I have arthritis and carpal tunnel, and I don’t want a cell phone pressed up against my head. And I don’t want to carry a cell phone around with me all day. 

I use all Apple devices. So, if someone texts me, I can easily sit down at my desktop, or grab my iPad to reply.  Many times, my iPhone sits in my handbag for several days at a time. 

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"