Respected Contributor

Do you still use a Landline Phone?

I'm thinking about disconnecting mine.

Sick of robocalls.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor

Re: Do you still use a Landline Phone?

I got rid of mine years ago.  I love not having the monthly bill, but there are times I miss it.  Sometimes the cell phone is just not as clear as a landline.

Respected Contributor

I HAVE one, because it was cheaper to keep it than get rid of it. I never, ever use it though. The ringer is off and it goes straight to voicemail. I'm sure I'm getting robocalls, because when I check voicemail every couple of weeks or so, there are a ton of numbers in the recent call list that I don't recognize, but they never leave messages. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Super Contributor

I have not had a landline in 9 years. My husband and I use our cell phones.

Trusted Contributor

@RinaRina wrote:

I'm thinking about disconnecting mine.

Sick of robocalls.

I get them on my cell phone too.

Honored Contributor

We do and it's no problem to ignore numbers of ?? that we don't know.

Trusted Contributor

We still do. We also have nomorerobo thanks to Cox. My husband has hearing issues and has an easier time than with a cell phone.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Yes, have landline and won’t get rid of it. Use answering machine to screen. It’s the number I give out to stores, etc. I think it keeps spam calls away from mobile phone.
Secondly, good emergency number.
Honored Contributor

We got rid of it last year. 

We kept it because it was cheaper with our bundle and because of our alarm system.  We changed our internet carrier, got rid of the landline, and upgraded our alarm so we didn't need a phone line.  I'm so happy we finally got rid of it. 

We still get scan calls on our cell phones, but I just block them. 

Esteemed Contributor

I no longer have one.  When we downsized in January I finally convinced my husband to let it go!  He is so old fashioned and did not want to part with it, it's an adjustment but now he doesn't miss it at all and loves his new cell phone.....that's another story!!  LOL