Honored Contributor

Re: Do you still get magazine subscriptions?

Martha Stewart Living
Trusted Contributor

Yes, just one:  The New Yorker

Honored Contributor

I have 8 magazines subscriptions that I actually get for FREE! Yup free. I frequent a freebie site and they periodically have sites where I can get ladies magazines for nothing. I actually got a boatload of magazines in my mailbox yesterday...7 of them! I'm sure my mail carrier wasn't too happy. 

"Pure Michigan"
Trusted Contributor

I get the Sunday paper delivered and several magazines; MSL, WW, Shape, Self, BHG- List is endless.  I love to read outside on my deck in the summer or at the beach.  I find nothing relaxing about reading from a tablet or phone.  I also hate the glare, most of the time can't even see the screen.

Guilty pleasure when I have time is to read in a nice bubble bath.  The magazine pages and I both come out wrinkled!

Honored Contributor

I have a friend that somehow gets offers for completely free subscriptions that he will share on FB and asks if anyone wants it.

I have gotten a few from him and was just looking through BH&G.

In my opinion, they're such a waste of money because there are more advertisements than articles.

I've stopped buying Family Circle and Woman's Day.  

The only one I subscribe to and pay for is Food Network Magazine.

Honored Contributor

Good tip, @butterfly123;  already on that.  ;-)

Valued Contributor

NO  MY NEIGHBOR GIVES ME HERS SHE GETS SO MANY 

Honored Contributor

@feline groovywrote:

Yep, but only when it's an affordable price for me - from Magazines.com, DiscountMags.com, or elsewhere.  You can get on their email list for specials. 

Discount Mags is awesome!  I've been using them for years.    Some of the deals are so far beyond amazing.    They also don't 'auto renew' you but you do have to pay attention because some of the magazines try to put that in there so you have to pay attention as you go through the order and UNCHECK if there is a 'auto renew' choice there, because it could be automatically checked.

Honored Contributor

I used to get several in the mail but I do not get any now....I miss them coming in the mail.

I did get a notice about a subscritpion to MAGNOLIA....HGTV Chip and Joanna Gaines.  Not sure if I will take out a subscription or not.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbuttwrote:

@feline groovywrote:

Yep, but only when it's an affordable price for me - from Magazines.com, DiscountMags.com, or elsewhere.  You can get on their email list for specials. 

Discount Mags is awesome!  I've been using them for years.    Some of the deals are so far beyond amazing.    They also don't 'auto renew' you but you do have to pay attention because some of the magazines try to put that in there so you have to pay attention as you go through the order and UNCHECK if there is a 'auto renew' choice there, because it could be automatically checked.

I agree, @chickenbutt, and I'm pretty sure it was you previously mentioning them that had me checking them out.  8)

Yep; I also try to keep an eye on everything during the checkout process, and that's a great tip against greedy sneakiness! 

Magazines.com used to 'auto-renew' but thankfully stopped; it's been manual for a while.