Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you still color? (as in books)

@ROMARY  I have some colored pencils that can be used with water.  I think it would give a watercolor look.  But you would have to be aware of the type of paper you would be working on.  

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

SKYLARK:   A big Thank You!  

I'll look for watercolor pencils and the proper paper for watercolors coloring books. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

No, but I've kept my stuff.  You never know and if it's a long, or/& hard winter, who knows.

Adding, I have laminated some of the pictures, and cut them out for bookmarks.  What else to do with them?  No idea.

Honored Contributor

@CherryHugs 

Both - I went on Amazon and bought some of each kind of pencils and pens.  

• And - a sharpener for the pencils!

-----------------------------------

@CherryHugs wrote:

I think its relaxing too and have colored a few times during this pandemic.  I have 2 adult type coloring books and colored pencils. Do you all use colored pencils or gel pens?

Honored Contributor

No, but 1000 piece puzzles have become my distraction from the world.

Valued Contributor

Yes! I was at a car wash waiting for my car and happen to see a coloring book with pencils in their shop. I love art but I dont make time for it so I bought one. I enjoyed coloring so much that I bought more pencils. Its truly relaxing. I also paint but havent been able to because we were moving and all my stuff is in storage. 

~No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted~ Aesop
Honored Contributor

My SIL now has me hooked on paint by number.  She did a beautiful picture and tells me once you get started it's hard to walk away.  

I'm gonna head to Hobby Lobby tomorrow and see what kits they have.  I've been doing adult coloring books and find them very relaxing.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use adult coloring books. I only use soft core colored pencils since they give the most color. AmazonBasics is a very good brand, from Amazon, as are expensive Prisma Color. It doesn't relax me, though and I find it a bit stressful deciding on colors and what type of shading to do. I don't understand why some use ink pens.