Valued Contributor

Re: Do you remember-Love's Baby Soft? 🌸

Remember when Herbal Essence shampoo smelled so wonderful? Not like the weak scent today. I can still remember that heavy fruity scent in the girl's gym locker room in high school after everyone came out of the showers.

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

I remember it and can practically smell it from memory!

I remember the lemon scent too and *Lemon Up* shampoo. Had a big plastic lemon for the lid.

Also remember Heaven Scent, Prince Matchebelli *Windsong*, Avon's *Sweet Honesty*(----ugh), Steven B, Musk by Houbigant, Interlude by, by, by, ohh can't remember, but I loved it.

I swear I remember Chanel No. 5 and it's so different now!

@Lucky Charm

Interlude by Frances Denney?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

I remember!  I really liked it.  My Mom, too.  I used to see it from time to time in drugstores.  Next time I go, I'm going to pick some up.  Thank you for the walk down memory lane!

Honored Contributor

Oh goodness does this thread take me back and happily so . . . I am a huge fan of Donovan so I immediately thought of this commercial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYdHa5XWxVc

Wear your love like heaven . . . Heart

Honored Contributor

@withaK wrote:

Oh wow--- I sure do remember !!!!   Spray that on with a little bit of Bonne Bell Lip Smacker on my lips and hit the roller rink on FRiday nights !!  Oh to be 13 again.......and know what I know now !Smiley Very Happy

Oh @withaK I loved Bonne Bell products! . . . thought I was the coolest thing on the planet with my blush that had a brush attached with a small chain . . . never mind the chain really wasn't long enough to adequately use said blush I loved it! . . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Lucky us!! We really had it all. So many wonderful creations!!💁
Respected Contributor

Love's Baby Soft and Heaven Sent ... my first perfumes. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Respected Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@withaK wrote:

Oh wow--- I sure do remember !!!!   Spray that on with a little bit of Bonne Bell Lip Smacker on my lips and hit the roller rink on FRiday nights !!  Oh to be 13 again.......and know what I know now !Smiley Very Happy

Oh @withaK I loved Bonne Bell products! . . . thought I was the coolest thing on the planet with my blush that had a brush attached with a small chain . . . never mind the chain really wasn't long enough to adequately use said blush I loved it! . . . . Smiley Happy

I remember getting Lick Smackers in my stocking at Christmas!

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Honored Contributor

Yes, along with Love's Fresh Lemon.

But my fave was Love's Rain Scent.

Also loved the green color. 8)

Valued Contributor

One of my earliest jobs while I was still in my teens was in a cosmetic department and it was during the time Love's was so popular.  They were started by Menley and James Labs and later were sold to Chattem.  The cosmetic items were really popular with the younger customers, the packaging was unique.   One Christmas they had a limited edition solid fragrance compact that had three fragrances in it.  The scents were Frankincense, Myrrh, and Mistletoe, you could wear them separately or blend them.  The Frankincense and Myrrh were fabulous and I have never been able to find any fragrance that smelled as wonderful as the two blended together.

Bonne Bell would have a special once a year, a giant glass bottle of Ten O-Six lotion.  A bottle would fall on the floor and break stripping the floor of its industrial wax, the favorite of those with oily skin.

Those were the days!

libby's folly