Respected Contributor

Re: Do you know your blood type?

[ Edited ]

@saltysails wrote:

You used to be able to buy blood testing kits on Amazon.  It is very easy and doesn't cost that much.

Thanks for that information.  I would have never thought to check Amazon.  They do still have the kits.   I just looked for them and they are $6.95 .

I've never known my blood type so I think I will buy a kit and find out.

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

yes

Me too, I knew from High School biology class. And each time I was pregnant I knew the information to give the medical staff.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Super Contributor

Yes.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@just bee wrote:

I'm surprised that some people don't know and don't care.  I have to because I donate.

A +

@just bee  Why would you be surprised? I do not know and I am 61.  Why do I need to know? It has not affected my life up to this point not knowing.

@SeaMaiden

Curiosity, I guess.  Better-half has no idea what his blood type is.  Sometimes I worry about a medical emergency and I would feel better if I could inform hospital staff of his blood type.

Maybe it's because I work in a hospital and always consider worst-case scenarios.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@RedTop...thanks for those tips.  I won't hold a grudge, ha...and donate again and see how it goes.

Esteemed Contributor

Shell Garden,

Thank you for the chart, very interesting!   I did not realize we were quite that rare, I think we must be special  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@just bee wrote:

I'm surprised that some people don't know and don't care.  I have to because I donate.

A +

@just bee  Why would you be surprised? I do not know and I am 61.  Why do I need to know? It has not affected my life up to this point not knowing.

I'm another one that doesn't know.  All I do know is that I didn't need the Rhogram shot when I was pregnant.

Esteemed Contributor

O negative

Honored Contributor

Yes.

Respected Contributor

type o negative....lol I am universal