Respected Contributor

Re: Do you keep extra cards and gifts on hand for "just in case"?

YES ...  I keep both.  I have cards of all kinds, and sometimes when we find an appropriate card for someone,  we'll buy it and save it for the occassion.  I have lots of various gift items as well.  There are several friends that I'll bring a little something for when we go out to dinner.  Whenever we have people over for dinner,  I always have a little something for the women when it's time to go home. 

Super Contributor

Not to be gloomy, but I don't like making a trip to the card aisle when I have to buy a sympathy card. Not really in the mood to shop for cards for that situation. So I bought a few to keep on hand.

Honored Contributor

I have a box of all occasion cards on hand, but no gifts....

Respected Contributor

I keep a supply of sympathy cards on hand.  I'd never remember to make a special trip just for a card, and you need a sympathy card in a hurry.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Esteemed Contributor

We keep cards on hand for all occasions.  I purchased a plastic file box for greeting cards from Target.  It's very handy.     

Honored Contributor

Yes, I have a box of all occasion cards.  I also have a box of blank cards, I can write whatever I want in them.  I also have "just in case" gifts on the top two shelves of my linen closet.  Not many and not expensive but things that I can use for hostess gifts or emergency gifts or I can donate them to our church for the Christmas Fair.  

Super Contributor

Cards yes, but gifts no.

Trusted Contributor

I keep cards on hand, especially sympathy cards.  I buy boxes of all-occasion cards at garage and estate sales.  

Respected Contributor

I keep extra cards (handmade and purchased) and I also keep a hatbox of little extra gifts. 

I don't always enjoy running out at the last minute and this system has worked for me.

Respected Contributor

@GenXmuse

me too

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet