Honored Contributor

Do you keep extra cards and gifts on hand for "just in case"?

I know some do that with cards, but I haven't and I wonder if one or two of those would be good to have on hand for "just in case".  I guess if you can run over to the store, it's no problem.

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you keep extra cards and gifts on hand for "just in case"?

Yes, because I absolutely hate to make special trips out for anything.   

Super Contributor

yes I do. Love to see my friends smile.

Valued Contributor

I keep a stash a cards for all occasions. When I need to pick up more- I get a few that I like at one time.

I have a few small gifts on hand but I usually have them for specific people. If I am shopping and see something my mother, or nieces and nephew might like I pick it up but I don't have basics like blankets or candles on hand.

Esteemed Contributor

Recently bought a nice box of birthday cards. Very good value. I usually have a couple of other cards on hand- they take up little room. I no longer keep exta gifts on hand. They always seem to go to waste and I am in the process of seriously downsizing all aspects of my life.

Honored Contributor

i have cards for all occasions. i receive so many in the mail from charities now that i rarely have to purchase any.

i always have other small gifts around when i see good deals (scarves, jewelry, home items, candles, and more.)

i also have a number of gift cards, mostly to restaurants, that i keep in stock.

i keep crisp $20s, $50s, and $100s in an envelope for cash gifts, although i do have to raid the envelope myself from time to time. Smiley LOL

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I have cards on hand but not gifts.

Honored Contributor

I have a good supply of cards on hand always, for all occasions. 

I do have a few gifts put away for general purposes,  but not as many as I used to keep. 

I keep a small supply of American Express gift cards on hand for gift giving. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Trader Joe’s has beautiful cards that I pick up from time to time. They’re beautiful and inexpensive. 

Esteemed Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

Trader Joe’s has beautiful cards that I pick up from time to time. They’re beautiful and inexpensive. 

I agree; I love Trader Joe's cards and that they are inexpensive.  I keep thank you cards, thinking of you cards, and blank cards on hand.