Honored Contributor

Re: Do you have any Tattoos?

I don't care for them, but I have a friend that has several.

As a kid I was taught we were not to do those things to our body (religion related).  Our church is very hip.....dh and I are quite conservative so imagine our surprise when our new minister was quite tatted up as well as our youth pastor...great people,  but LOTS of tatoos.

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

When I had a double mastectomy about 20 years ago, my ni**les were grafted on and then tattooed. TMI, but does that count?

@Shanus  Just within the past month I've seen that done on Botched. OMG the tatoo artist that does them for Dr Whatshisname makes the most realistic looking ones. You wouldn't believe how natural they look.

@shaggygirl  Yep, I’d definitely say they look real!!! 😜

Esteemed Contributor

None for me. 99% of the ones I've seen around here appear chalky and smudged and just look cheap and tacky. I've seen a few that were very well done but still wouldn't want it.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

No I don’t have any tattoos.I know a lot of people who do.I find them unappealing. 

Honored Contributor

I hate tattoos...they are forever...even those that are “ removed” you can usually tell it was there. It is disfiguring the body imo. I don’t even like the ones you can wash off....just aren’t attractive to me. I used to interview prospective student teachers...when I saw an ankle tattoo I had to tell them to wear socks or pants long enough to cover the tat. Too many principals had a thing about the tats.
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Perkup wrote:

Never got one,  never even considered it.  I have yet to see anyone who looks any better after geetting a tattoo, and I've never met anyone who has received any real benefit from doing one as a memorial or whatever.  None of my children or grands have them, and I am pretty sure that few if any of their friends have them.  I've read that the cost of removal is extremely high. I truly do not appreciate or understand why anyone likes them. To me they are ugly and disfiguring.

Awww, some are really cute. Especially the ones that read “Set in my ways” with a little heart over the “i.” And by the way, you would have no idea the benefit one receives from a memorial tattoo. That’s a loving tribute and no one’s business, but their’s.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Gsmom wrote:

No 

I do not care for them 

I tell my daughter that's what jewelry is for 

I told both my daughters that exact same thing! Today, one has a cascading teardrop behind her ear, and the other has the infinity sign on the inside of her wrist! 🤷‍♀️

Honored Contributor

My sister paid for a tattoo for me for my 64th birthday.  I have a simple black cross on the underside of my forearm.  I love it.  I've always wanted one but never did because I worried about what it might look like when I wrinkled with age.  I'm going to call this one my old rugged cross.

Frequent Contributor

No, I do not have any tattoos.  I do appreciate the elaborate ones on other people though.

RubyNoel
Honored Contributor

No ink here; way too conservative for that. I live in HI & ink is the norm, on both men & women. It’s obviously culturally-driven. There’s no hiding them either.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.