Honored Contributor

Do you get what you pay for?

How many believe this?

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Honored Contributor

Re: Do you get what you pay for?

Most of the time, yes!

Happy thursday - Free animated GIF

Trusted Contributor

Nope, I don't believe that, at least not in most cases for me. I have gotten some fantastic deals over the years and am usually so happy. But, this is because I buy items on super sales, clearance, As Is, etc. Many items I get on Ebay for a fraction of the cost I would if purchased directly from QVC or HSN. I would say 99% of the time I am more than pleased and received a great deal to boot. 

Honored Contributor

Not always.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Depends on what it is. For instance gasoline. I only get what I pay for. 

Esteemed Contributor

These days I believe I overpay quite a bit & the quality is lacking.

Honored Contributor

Oh,  I totally believe that saying---and I research the major items I buy,  like furniture or applances-- as well as the not so major things---of course there are things you can't do that --- but I try my hardest to not overpay or underpay. Have been duped a few times in my life---- but I do learn.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I still sort of believe that.........but I also wait for things to go on sale and read tons of reviews first. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

How many believe this?

Not always.  Cheap doesn't necessarily mean bad and expensive doesn't necessarily mean good.

Respected Contributor

I contemplate this a lot, mostly with our home.  Since moving into it 6 years ago, we've been fixing, fixing again, updating and remodeling.  Right now I'm looking for new kitchen faucets.  To replace what I have not would cost $2600 a set and I need three (I have 3 sinks).  There are faucets that are in the thousands and then some as low as $200, all with good reviews.  When remodeling bathrooms, I went the high end route purchasing faucets and they haven't lived up to their price points.  Sometimes I think it's just luck.