Honored Contributor

Image result for sleep quotes

Honored Contributor

I go with what my body tells me to try to keep with my normal sleep/wake times.    

Honored Contributor

I constantly fight to stay awake at times when I should be awake!  By early evening, I am really tired and have a hard time making myself stay awake to do anything.  Once I go to bed, I usually fall asleep relatively quickly but awaken often due to pain issues and other things.  Awake, asleep, awake, asleep.  I talk to other people my age and this seems to be a common problem.  When I am at work, by 3:00, I am ready for a nap!!!  So, I do not know if I fight sleep -- it's more like fighting to get enough sleep!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I have always been a good sleeper.  Lately it's been more of a challenge. It seems since I hit that "medicare age" my aches and pains have increased. Heating pads, neck pillows, pillows under the knee, pillows between the knees.....I feel like I am being positioned for a photo shoot or something!!

Respected Contributor

No, I don't fight it at all. I go to bed when I feel tired and go to bed anytime after dinner is done but usually no later than 8:30. If I feel tired during the day I may take a quick nap too. That's whats keeps me going. We all have different sleep cycles.

Honored Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

No I feel so much better after a good night's sleep, that I think I accomplish more the next day. I think that everyone is different when it comes to how much sleep is needed.😴😴😴

I need a good night's sleep also, I usually get about 8 hours. That isn't what I'm talking about.

Sorry, I meant to say that I don't fight sleep, I welcome it.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

I fight sleep, I guess I want to get as much done or as much out of the day as I can, anyone else do this?

Yorkie, my husband fits this description.  He fights sleep all the time.  I think he feels much as you do, trying to get as much out of the day as possible.  I'm sometimes concerned about him being sleep deprived but this is the way he's always been, going back to childhood.  

Esteemed Contributor

I totally fight sleep.....always have. My inner 4-year comes out every night. I would like to be able to peacefully get sleepy and then go to bed and sleep for 7-8 hours. Never, never happens. If I get 5 hours of sleep, I'm very lucky. I've been this way since I was a kid.

Honored Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

I fight sleep, I guess I want to get as much done or as much out of the day as I can, anyone else do this?

@YorkieonmyPillow

I don't understand your comment  "fighting" sleep .....  Do you mean you postpone going to bed at night ... or work to get out of bed early in the morning?   

Esteemed Contributor

^Postponing going to bed. I still get enough sleep, I just don't like to go to bed and have the day over.