Esteemed Contributor

There are some days that I just can't wait to be over.

Fighting sleep isn't healthy.

If your body is tired and needs rest, it's best to let your body rest.

There is a connection between physical health and sleep.

Honored Contributor

I was a night person living in a day person's world.  Had to commute and be at work at 7 am.  I used to keep myself awake by lying in bed worrying about how little sleep I was going to get.  Now I indulge in my night owl habits.  If I am reading a good book I will stay up until 2 am reading some nights.  I actually get more sleep now because I sleep longer in the morning.  I realized it is not a crime to sleep until 8:30 or 9 am!

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

There are some days that I just can't wait to be over.

Fighting sleep isn't healthy.

If your body is tired and needs rest, it's best to let your body rest.

There is a connection between physical health and sleep.

@Plaid Pants2

ITA .... sleep heals the body, so why would anyone fight that?   

Trusted Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

I don't think I fight sleep,but I am a night owl.  My youngest son is one as well.   I am not sleepy at night so I don't want to go to bed.  

If I do go to bed early., I just lay there awake for hours.  I don't take naps either.  

My parents couldn't keep me in bed as a baby!  Most kids learn to walk--I was working on climbing out of my crib.  I don't fight sleep; it fights me.  I just now got up and came in the den and turned this computer on--so here I am!!!    It's after 1:30 I think

@Sooner  I am the same way!  I go to bed about 10:00 and can't fall asleep an then get up and go to another room and turn on my computer!  Then after an hour or so I can go right to sleep!!  I just stay too wound up from the day and my mind keeps racing!!   My dh is just the opposite!  He is asleep as soon as his head hits the pillow!!

Regular Contributor

God no.  I love to sleep.   A good nap is a beautiful thing also.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

No, I do not fight sleep.   

I stick to a regular bedtime of 11:30, and get up after 8:30. My body is ready to sleep as soon as I get in the bed; I don't lie there awake, unable to fall asleep, ever.   My bedroom is cool, dark, and just perfect for sleeping.   I don't read in my bedroom, don't talk on the phone in my bedroom; my body knows that when I get in my bed, it is time to sleep.   I never get sleepy during the day, or feel that I need a nap, unless I am truly sick.     

Respected Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

I was a night person living in a day person's world.  Had to commute and be at work at 7 am.  I used to keep myself awake by lying in bed worrying about how little sleep I was going to get.  Now I indulge in my night owl habits.  If I am reading a good book I will stay up until 2 am reading some nights.  I actually get more sleep now because I sleep longer in the morning.  I realized it is not a crime to sleep until 8:30 or 9 am!

It has been said that the worst  problem most non sleepers have is the fear of not sleeping.  It is true; still have nights like that.

Respected Contributor

I used to stay up and sometimes I would not be able to sleep when I was working and stressed out. Since being retired I go to sleep when I am tired and wake up without an alarm clock and get a lot accomplished during the day and I have the energy I did not have before. 

Esteemed Contributor

If I cou ld fall asleep I wo uld gladly go to bed since I woke up early--4. Since I am the only one here and don't work I have sometimes crazy hours. I  make sure the cats have enough food and then get under the covers. And one of them usually comes with me for company.

Honored Contributor

Rarely. I gave spent so many years in noisy, disruptive living environments when I had no choice that getting to sleep and being able to stay asleep are something I'll never take for granted, ever.

The only thing I "have" to get done any more is be up early occasionally to make a doctor's appt. otherwise I let my body tell me what it feels like doing.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all