Super Contributor

Re: Do you celebrate Valentine's Day?

Yes, we celebrate usually with dinner.

February 14th is the first time my husband and I went out on a date 27 years ago.  We are celebrating 25 years of marriage this April.  

Respected Contributor

I don't decorate for Valentine's but I do celebrate.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't decorate for any holiday except Christmas! I just don't like a lot of stuff sitting around, plus I don't have the room to store it. But, DH and I always choose special mushy cards for each other, and he always gives me a gift bag filled with my favorite candies including my much loved cherry jelly hearts that are only sold around Valentines Day. I still have 4 bags of them in the freezer from last year, so yes, he buys me a lot of them! He has a big heart!

Esteemed Contributor

I decorate and buy chocolates for my husband, son, God Children and my siblings

Honored Contributor

It's good to hear that many of you decorate and/or go out together.  I enjoyed reading about the love stories and many years of marriage -- that is wonderful and so rare today.  It really is truly amazing that you stick together through thick and thin.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

I had three boys but I still bought Valentine cards for them to exchange with their classmates at school so to me Valentine's Day was a day of childish cards.

Now that they are all grown up Valentine's Day is a day to celebrate by going out to dinner with my DH and exchanging cards or he buys me flowers.

To me it's a day to spread love to whom ever you feel close to.  Heart

Honored Contributor

No

Honored Contributor

I send.a card and gift card to my son and his wife.My dh says the same thing that he does every year...get yourself something if you need it.