Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do any of you remember Carol Duvall?

@cherry wrote:

I sure do. She moved up north  . She used to have all kinds of crafts  for people to make

She was a very popular personality. I wonder if she is still alive?

Cherry, I'm pretty sure she's still in the Bear Lake/TC area.

She may be retired or semi retired. I thought at one time she had a small store/craft studio in Bear Lake but I no longer see anythjng advertised up here.

Honored Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

@cherry wrote:

I sure do. She moved up north  . She used to have all kinds of crafts  for people to make

She was a very popular personality. I wonder if she is still alive?

Cherry, I'm pretty sure she's still in the Bear Lake/TC area.

She may be retired or semi retired. I thought at one time she had a small store/craft studio in Bear Lake but I no longer see anythjng advertised up here.

You guys got me wondering about her.  I just googled her and found an article from February 2017 from the Traverse City paper.  She was alive and in her 90s at that time.

Honored Contributor

I enjoyed watching her too... lovely lady.. glad to know she's still with us...

See the source image
Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Regular Contributor

Yes . I watched her show and enjoyed it and because of her i became interested in crafts. Most of the ideas were simple and did not require you to purchase to many items. Miss those shows.  Does anyone remember Aileens creative living shows. These were also interesting and if I remember there was a magazine that you subscribed to. Always enjoyed it. Many good and simple ideas.  There was also another woman who had similar show. Can't remember her name. She had short dark hair. Seems to crafts are a thing of the past. Tech is in. No one wants to sit and relax and make something with there hands. I did quite a lot of crafting with my grandchildren were young but times have changed. Miss those days.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tishkins Was it Kitty Bartholomew?

Respected Contributor

Yes, she was great.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I remember her well and wish we still had some of those wonderful craft shows.  There was another woman, younger, who often wore a bright plaid shirt, that I really loved.  I heard after her TV program she lived in Grand Junction, Colorado.

Just remembered....it was Lynette Jennings.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

@qualitygal

I remember her from the "Home Show" with Gary Collins and Sarah Purcell.  Kitty Bartholomew was on the show, also. 

Regular Contributor

I am not sure. Wish tv would bring back shows like this.Wishfull thinking. Glad that I got to experience it.

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal

One source shows a beautiful wood home (hers) and I wonder where it is? Maybe that Bear Lake?

Also, a picture of Bear Lake that looks very inviting!

The Village at Grand Traverse Commons looks like a castle! Did not know all of these beautiful places existed! 

Now I want to go there!

I do vaguely remember seeing Carol Duvall. What a wonderful lady she must be.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~