Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Use A Paper Calendar?

I certainly do,i guess i am old fashion.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

What's a paper calendar? Seriously, I haven't used one in years. I can keep track of dates on my computers and phone. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

I like paper.  I use a 2year pocket calendar.  I used to find them in stores but now I order them on ebay for a few dollars.

Honored Contributor

No, I don't use a desk or wall calendar or anything paper - everything is on my iphone.  I don't like anything on the side or front of the fridge lol.  

Honored Contributor

No, it's easier for me to use my Google calendar which is linked to my phone, tablet and laptop.  

Honored Contributor

@jlkz wrote:

@chickenbutt 

Yesterday DH and I were removing a huge, old-fashioned TV from the guest room closet when I found an old paper calendar on a shelf.  It was a 1999 calendar with large pictures of gorgeous Irish Setters.....which we used to have.

As I went through the calendar, I picked the pictures I wanted to frame...you must have been watching, lol !!!

You didn't know I could read minds?  Smiley Wink    But, yeah, some of those pictures are just so beautiful that I can't just toss them.    Glad I'm not the only one.

BTW, as to mention of using computers/phones, sure I imagine many of us do that too.  I diary everything from appointments, birthdays, important things I have to do each day or week, etc, on my laptop and my phone.  I figure doing both and I won't mess it up.    I wouldn't be likely to write them onto a wall calendar anyway.

But my little mini wall calendars, and previously the full size ones, are just for taking a glance, especially in the kitchen is the one I look at the most, at the day/date because I have trouble throughout the day remembering what day or date it is and if I'm supposed to be doing something that isn't diaried.  So, I just enjoy them for that.   Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Yes. I get one for my husband every year for Christmas.  They have had full size pictures of places we have been, Star Wars, Motorcycles, Farmhouses, etc. up top and the large numbered spaces on the bottom to write things on.  He also uses his phone and IPad for dates, and appointments. I just use the calendar to write them on.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes. One at my computer, one at DH's desk...and a big one with big squares just off the kitchen.  These days, and with all the appointments we have, we need to see them often to remind us and anymore.....  seeing is believing!

Respected Contributor

@ECBG A paper calendar is the way of life for myself.  I use them for birthdays, doctor appointments, special events and  suck.  I suffer from "brain drain" and would be lost without one.

Respected Contributor

I'm not one who keeps my cell phone on all of the time so even though I keep my appt's on the calendar it would be inconvenient to turn my phone on just to check the dates.  I have both a calendar featuring my favorite pets...Guinea Pigs... on my wall in the office and I also have a day planner that I keep on the kitchen counter.      

I probably use the day planner the most.  I use it for all of our appointments, keeping track of when it's time to water my plants, changing the fridge freshener, reminders on the maintenance of our vehicles and just general things that I have done or still need to do around the house.  

I would be lost without the day planner.  The first week of November I always order a new one from Amazon.  

I know most people keep everything on their cell phones but that just doesn't work for me.  I guess I'm just old school.