Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do You Use A Paper Calendar?

I don't use paper calendars any more. I do have one of those towel calendars with the whole year on it hanging on the closet door. Everything else is on my phone.

Respected Contributor

Yes...still do. One in my kitchen and one upstairs in my office/workout room.

I love the visuals of them. Sometimes people make me one, as my cousin did, last year, of all her beautiful sunrise shots she texts me often.

In the kitchen I often do kitchen or food themed ones...but I've also just done different "homey" ones with various seasonal decor shots. For those I love the Lang ones I find on Amazon.

This year when we were in Cape Cod, I found a very pretty one in Christmas Tree store full of coastal Cape Cod shots...I love Cape Cod, so that'll be nice. Plus, I'm just glad I already have it ready to go, as opposed to my usual ordering in mid-January! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt 

Yesterday DH and I were removing a huge, old-fashioned TV from the guest room closet when I found an old paper calendar on a shelf.  It was a 1999 calendar with large pictures of gorgeous Irish Setters.....which we used to have.

As I went through the calendar, I picked the pictures I wanted to frame...you must have been watching, lol !!!

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Esteemed Contributor

Yes! Two minis: one for the kitchen, one for the office, where I plan out the weeks in my college semester. Also, I like a desk calendar where I can tear off each day.

Then there's my Palm Pilot where I notate important home events, since those months & years are saved.

Valued Contributor

Yep.  A wall calendar at home, Also a wall calendar and a page-a-day dog calendar at work.

Respected Contributor

I do! It's hanging on the side of my fridge next to the counter where my coffee maker stands. I write important happenings, birthdays, appointments, etc., on it each January before I hang it. I don't do well with electronic calendars. Since I retired, my days are not filled to the brim so these paper calendars fit the bill nicely for me. Each morning as I fix my coffee, I look to see what I think is important to know for the specific day as well as the coming week. It also allows me to send birthday/anniversary cards to people who are important to me and I don't want to forget...or let them know I've forgotten. I buy calendars each year by a local artist and love seeing his artwork each month. I've been getting his for probably 10 years or so and never get tired of seeing his work.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use a big paper calendar with scenes of France. It is in a prominent spot on the wall in the kitchen so that I can't miss it. I tried using my iPad for appointments but if I didn't look at it, I was lost. I can't miss that beautiful wall calendar. It works for me.

Super Contributor

I have a wall calendar hanging next to my desk in my home office. Love it and look forward to new images every year. I consult that calendar as my primary tracker and will use the calendar feature on my phone/laptop, but it's not front and center as a daily reminder like my wall calendar.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm old school, still rely on wall paper calendars in bedroom, kitchen, don't use online calendars or tablet.

Respected Contributor

We us both phone and paper to keep track.  That way we both know each others schedule.  We're retired and very busy.  Some days we are 2 ships passing....  Add grandkids activities and WOW!  Life is good.