Respected Contributor

Re: Do You Use A Paper Calendar?

Yes we still use paper calendars. Every year I get a Thomas kinkade calendar  I like the beautiful pictures for each month. It's a wall calendar in a wooden frame that a friend gave probably twenty five years ago.

Respected Contributor

@NickNack  I love it.🤗

Honored Contributor

I usually get a nice one from church, I like that they have big enough blocks to write in.  I don't hang it though, just keep it with my bills, paperwork, etc.

Most dates I put on my phone now, too.  I don't particularly like the set up on my phone though.  It's not 'at a glance', but more of an 'open up each day'.  

Honored Contributor

Yes, a large grid wall calendar is a must here.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Leggett28 wrote:

Yes we still use paper calendars. Every year I get a Thomas kinkade calendar  I like the beautiful pictures for each month. It's a wall calendar in a wooden frame that a friend gave probably twenty five years ago.

@Leggett28 

For several years I was on a Thomas Kinkade kick with calendars. I love his paintings. 

The planners just work better for me at home now.

I miss the pretty pictures. 

Respected Contributor

I get an Arizona Highways calendar from Costco every year to hang on my fridge.  The day spaces are large enough that I write all my appointments, when my AC was serviced & appliances were delivered, etc. though the year & I keep the calendar as a sort of diary.  Each new year I mark on the new calendar off of the previous one things like birthdays & when my smoke alarm batteries are 1 year old, so I know when things are due.  I also have a standard large calendar here in my office so i can glance up at it for things

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes!, Use both a wall calendar and my phone.

I've been using wall calendars all my life.  My Mom

always had one in our kitchen from our Bank, ( Banks give them out every year for advertising), and I

remember they had front pockets to keep things in such as a pen or pencil..    I buy a nice fancy wall calendar for my kitchen too!  This  year I got a Thomas Kinkade Disney calendar.. So beautiful!

I keep them for several years to refer to for appts. I posted.  I Love a paper calendars...

Trusted Contributor

I have a Lang calendar hanging in my kitchen which is basically for show.  I never write on it only look at it while talking to people so I can visualize the day.

I have a weekly calendar on the fridge with the families schedule for the week.

My mother in law was the queen of calendars.  I'm amazed at how much she wrote on the calendars.  She kept 1 large calendar but also a pocket sized in her purse.  Both were covered.  So much it wasn't visible and hard to read.  More than just birthdays and anniversaries - dates when someone passed away years ago, when someone had been in the hospital, when someone took a vacation, a family member had a dr appointment, the expected temperature each day.   She had them in her house for ever year since she got married in 1968.  I was amazed she didn't fight us on keeping them.  Now she is now living on her own she doesn't have the large one anymore.  The pocket size one is still a nightmare to look at.

Respected Contributor

Yes.  I have a large desk calendar right by my computer.  Everything goes on that.  My Mom used to always send me a pocket calendar that I kept in my bedside drawer.  She passed last year and I can't bring myself to discard of the last 2 she gave me and I can't seem to go and buy another one for myself.  It's the little things.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG   I keep a small "beagle calendar" on my desk. I've never trusted keeping appts. on my phone. This weekend I'm going to transfer the info and keep BOTH.

My makeup appts. are on my laptop, but can't take that to doc offices and the hairstylist to know when I'm free. LOL