Respected Contributor

Re: Do You Remember THIS?????

I ate the brownie 1st oh never ate in the livingroom. We had the tv trays that stacked inside a wheel container. We had cloth furniture covers, if the couch cushions wore down had a guy that re-did the cushions & springs never got a new couch. My in laws had the plastic furniture covers on a hot day they stuck to you. LOL 

Esteemed Contributor

I will admit to eating and liking the turkey dinner, thinking of it now however, makes me want to barf! 

Esteemed Contributor

How could we forget?  Hated those frozen green peas!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

ok, I'll admit it!!! I still love the Salisbury steak and meatloaf TV dinners.  There good enough for me especially if I don't feel like cooking for myself. My husband will eat them too. 

Honored Contributor

Sweet memories. Glad OP shared.

Esteemed Contributor

When I was in 4th grade, I got to sleep over at a friend's house, and her mom served this.  I thought it was one of the greatest ideas ever!  It came with all my favorites:  fried chicken, corn, mashed potatoes, and even a brownie.  I came home and told my mom all about it, and she was very reluctant to purchase, so I had to beg when we went to the store.  Occasionally, my family would have fresh veggies and meats while I had my Swanson TV Dinner.  I thought they didn't know what they were missing.  😂

tv dinner.jpg

Respected Contributor

LOL!!! Oh yes I remember them.

Trusted Contributor

The Swanson dinners came out in 1954 ans were only 98 cents each.  We had them occasionally.  But my Mom was a great cook.  Good memories. 

Esteemed Contributor

Ahhhhhh yes, I remember them well!  An occasional treat as others have said when paarents were going out.

Honored Contributor

yes and they weren't very good, to me.